Poland, Gdansk

Hey guys, I'm in the process of making a MIDIbox SID synth that has a very similar control surface to the sammichsid but uses swinsids instead of actual sids.

SCHEMATICS and CASE

IMPORTANT STUFF:
- No audio in - swinsid doesn't support audio in.
- No volume modulation. I think that it is again becuse of swinsid. You can set the attack, decay, sustain and release parameters in the oscillator section but adding an envelope or LFO to the volume doesn't work.

LEGAL STUFF:
-As you see below my avatar I'm not Wilba, I'm not affiliated with them and believe me I'm not trying trick you into thinking I am.
-As you can see in the picture it's not a sammichsid. It's just another MIDIbox SID project that happens to have a control surface similiar to sammichsid but uses SwinSIDs instead of real SIDs.
-This is not for sale. I included the sources so you can easily make one yourself. Maybe you will learn a thing or two.
-If you have questions please ask but remember to be polite and have some respect.
-You use the files provided on your own responsibility.

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 14, 2014 1:49 pm)

What's the price gonna be?

matt's mind

count me interested,

cool project!

Taichung, Taiwan

Interested.

Turku, FIN

interested!

Poland, Gdansk
MooseHead wrote:

What's the price gonna be?

It depends on if I'll decide to make fully assembled units, kits or just bare pcbs.

Also depends on how many people will be interested and I don't really have a clue how much should I compensate the guys behind midibox and swinsid.

Last edited by scannerboy (May 15, 2013 5:36 pm)

Italy

kinda interested even if I'm not into electronics, but I have a spare 8580 tongue

Milwaukee, WI

Will there be an audio input?

Russia

interested

Nomad's Land

A nice project indeed. However, commercial sale of Swinsids is disallowed by the designer, despite some webshops selling them anyway. So you should definately get in touch with him if you intend to sell any larger quantities of these boards.

Poland, Gdansk
TSC wrote:

Will there be an audio input?

Unfortunetly swinsid doesn't support audio input ;/

irrlichtproject wrote:

A nice project indeed. However, commercial sale of Swinsids is disallowed by the designer, despite some webshops selling them anyway. So you should definately get in touch with him if you intend to sell any larger quantities of these boards.

Thanks fot the info. As I wrote before I'll contact the guys responsible for swinsid and midibox before selling anything

Poland, Gdansk

Hey, so after a quick talk with TK I can build max 10 units.
So with these quantities in mind the pricing would have to be as follows:
-just pcbs 50eur + shipping
-for programmed chips 30 eur + shipping
-case 30 eur + shipping
-kits with cases 155eur + shipping
-assembled units 230 eur + shipping

I know it's not cheap so keep in mind that I'll be realising the schematics in few days so you'll be able to build everything from scratch yourself ;D

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 24, 2013 4:22 am)

Unsubscribe

Would using a real sid be a drop in replacement? If so those prices are pretty good!

Taichung, Taiwan

shipping cost to the US?

matt's mind

PM'd wink

Taichung, Taiwan

2 PMs.