Poland, Gdansk
herr_prof wrote:

Would using a real sid be a drop in replacement? If so those prices are pretty good!

No real sids. Using swinsids allowed me to simplify the whole circuit and make it a bit smaller.

btw. Nice that you find it cheap because I was afraid it will be to expensive ;/

katsumbhong wrote:

shipping cost to the US?

I think that in the worst case scenario is:

USA: 14eur
EU: 11eur

katsumbhong wrote:

2 PMs.

Keep them coming

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 11, 2013 8:11 pm)

sweden

PM'd

Russia

need to see finished version and what this thing can do

Poland, Gdansk

I must say that I was a little suprised that nobody wanted a demo till now. I'll try to post something in the upcoming weekend. Ofcourse it won't do anything more or less than a sammichsid with swinsids big_smile

But the thing I really wanted to share is that I just soldered the front panel and everything seems to work so I finally can post the schematics.
If you'll find any bugs please share your findings.

top.sch
top.brd
base.sch
base.brd

So it's time to design the case.

Last edited by scannerboy (May 27, 2013 5:20 pm)

sweden

love to hear the demo's. though I guess from swinkels demos that it cannot sound too bad... are you going along the orig. sammichsid in regards to the case?

Poland, Gdansk

Yeah you could say that, but it's really more similar to the shruthi-1 case

Poland, Gdansk

So I've recorded few of the deafult patches. You can compare it to some videos available on youtube.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmcsc2usw3j4a1f/2.wav

Also I've recorded a super short demo using the multiengine for a more chiptunes feel. It uses 3 instruments and 1 filter (so only half of the resources available).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x6tmv2ya8x7sb6/1.wav

EDIT: I've noticed that the volume modulation doesn't work

Last edited by scannerboy (May 30, 2013 3:32 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

I am liking what I hear.

sweden

liking it too!
demo 2 sounds really good

Poland, Gdansk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dq8e8r0onmbn … 1459_n.jpg

Hey, I'm getting the case on friday. If everything is ok than I can start to order stuff.

So if you didn't pm me yet please do and if you have any requests please voice them

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 5, 2013 5:50 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

Omg!!! I can't wait!

Poland, Gdansk

The company at which I wanted to laser cut the case, messed up the order so we will have wait few days more.

Also unfortunetIy I will have to review the prices because I got only 3 PMs

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Nice project!
I've been working on putting together a MB6582 and planned to fill a couple of the channels with SwinSID pairs. Thinking about a plug in stereo board design.
Would like to see your base board but having a problem opening the SCH files. I'm running Eagle 6.4 and get an error. Anyone else having a prob or is it just on my end?

Poland, Gdansk
yogi wrote:

Thinking about a plug in stereo board design.

If you're referring to the schrabs design you must be aware that it has some errors in it.

yogi wrote:

Would like to see your base board but having a problem opening the SCH files. I'm running Eagle 6.4 and get an error. Anyone else having a prob or is it just on my end?

That's strange. I used eagle 6.3, but tried opening them with 6.4 and it worked. In the meantime I've uploaded pdf files.

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 9, 2013 5:16 pm)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
scannerboy wrote:

If you're referring to the schrabs design you must be aware that it has some errors in it.

Did not know bout that; but I was planning my own board to fit the MB6582's SID sockets with a min of jumpering., a stereo SwinSID board plugging into the SID sockets on the base brd. Haven't really started a layout, wanted to get the Base board working first.
Weirdness with Eagle, had 6.3 and files wouldn't open; then upgraded to 6.4 but still no go. ?!?! Thanks for the PDF.

Poland, Gdansk
yogi wrote:

Did not know bout that; but I was planning my own board to fit the MB6582's SID sockets with a min of jumpering., a stereo SwinSID board plugging into the SID sockets on the base brd.

im still not sure if you are referring to the swinsid x2 board or a stereoswinsid from schrab. Nonetheless I think that the easiest option would be to put a nanoswinsid in every sid socket and then remove the redundant components from the board.

yogi wrote:

Weirdness with Eagle, had 6.3 and files wouldn't open; then upgraded to 6.4 but still no go. ?!?! Thanks for the PDF.

Exactly what error are you getting?

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 9, 2013 6:18 pm)