Poland, Gdansk

I dont understand why didn't you just send me a a PM or post a message here saying "Hey, I'm back, STOP whatever you are trying to do here" and actually take time to read the whole topic and check the files I posted?
I would respond that I didn't really sell anything, just the prototyope I made and everyone would be cool I think.

Wilba wrote:

The licence of MIDIbox projects is a vague mishmash of open source but non-commercial. It's not entirely clear to me, and I've apparently adhered to the licence

No comment ;/

Wilba wrote:

However, sammichSID is my copyrighted design,

I would advice to actually check the license and look for a paragraph about derivative work wink

Wilba wrote:

If you copy it and start selling it under the sammichSID name,

Yeah I already admitted that the topic name sucks and I'm sorry

Also I didn't really 100% copy you design. Yeah I looked at your design and it was my main inspiration. But I also looked at other designs as well - SwinSID, schrabs stereoswinsid and the shruthi. And I advice you the same. You can easily simplify the lcd circuit for example.

Wilba wrote:

Are sammichSID case design files available?

I hope you don't imply that I copied your case design yikes

Wilba wrote:

The point: If you're going to copy something of mine and then call it a sammichSID, people may associate your project with my project; they may think (incorrectly) that it has my approval, or has the same parts, or same build quality; you are effectively trading on my reputation....

For the record the topic states that it is a clone. So I'm sure everyone knew it wasn't the real deal.

I don't think I have anything more to add. I hope we are cool now wink If anybody is still interested in me ripping off people you can check my Ambika Polivoks voicecard down at the mutable-instruments forums and hopefully in the future another sid synth with less cubersome interface similiar to the shruthi. Bye

Last edited by scannerboy (Jan 18, 2014 12:36 pm)

NC in the US of America

Why don't you just change the topic title already if you know it's bad?

Edit: Also, in the guitar pedal world "clone" usually mean "exact copy" so that is not a word to bandy around lightly. Many guitarists look down on "true clone" pedal-making companies because it is considered unethical. Most of the "clones" ("bad monkey is a tubescreamer clone", etc) that AREN'T regarded as shady aren't really "true clones" but are more "copy-cats", since a true clone will actually have reverse-engineered parts to try to match exactly the parts of the pedal they are cloning, and "copies" are simply designed to sound/behave the same way as the pedal they are copying.

I say all this to say: the word "clone" is not as clearly defined as you seem to assume.

Edit: OH GOODY you changed it :3

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 18, 2014 2:09 pm)

Poland, Gdansk

Because you are the first person to ask about it really and I didn't want anybody to say that I try to cover up the facts or whatever... Anyway DONE

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

hahah wilba you motherfucker.

to you defense I was also unaware that pollack was *that* offensive...

well, I'M GLAD WE'RE ALL FRIENDS NOW!

CAPSLOCK!!!1