Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I don't think this has been shared on here yet, but I found it to be pretty interesting and touching.

The Pixel Painter -

Nomad's Land

very, very inspiring. thanks for sharing.

matt's mind

i really appreciate you posting this

austin, tx

beautiful and inspirational; it's interesting that pixel art is a new technology to him, yet we all consider it "retro"

I hope he continues making art for years and years.

SLC, UT

Saw this yesterday on the verge. Showed his art to some coworkers. Their response "kinda pixelated though". They would be the best trolls if they were actually trolling.

Earth
stargazer wrote:

Saw this yesterday on the verge. Showed his art to some coworkers. Their response "kinda pixelated though". They would be the best trolls if they were actually trolling.

True art is high res!! tongue I remember a quote about that somewhere... I'll just paraphrase by saying that the value of art is completely unrelated to the resolution.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:12 pm)

SLC, UT
breakphase wrote:
stargazer wrote:

True art is high res!! tongue I remember a quote about that somewhere... I'll just paraphrase by saying that the value of art is completely unrelated to the resolution.

Well it's so totally true. The external image of art is minimal to what is actually accomplished. Perfect example: I've had way more fun playing Earthworm Jim the last few days than I've ever had playing Call of Duty or whatever. You could say that it's like comparing apples to oranges, but quality is quality. Abbey Road is just as high quality today as it was back then. What really dissappoints me is that I don't really think that anyone would disagree with that, simply they are trained to believe that in order for something to be 'good' it must be directed by Michael Bay. People just don't think enough. But I guess that's really just the overall problem with everything and now I'm just ranting.

Sum the video up for you:
Pixel Art: Cool.
97 year old people: Way Cool.
Blind People: Pretty Dang Cool.
A blind 97 year old making pixel art? Miles Davis Cool.

Earth
Feryl wrote:
breakphase wrote:

Depends. You could have an ugly-looking 320x300 version of the Pieta, or an HD 3000x2000 pic and it would make a difference.

But you're talking about a digital recreation of real-life art. Replace art in my post with digital art. I guess that makes more sense.

Milwaukee, WI
stargazer wrote:

Sum the video up for you:
Pixel Art: Cool.
97 year old people: Way Cool.
Blind People: Pretty Dang Cool.
A blind 97 year old making pixel art? Miles Davis Cool.

Miles Davis was a heroin user who also beat his wife.

Last edited by TSC (Jul 25, 2013 5:17 pm)

SLC, UT

radiograffiti is cool tho

Austin, TX

That was a great video, extremely inspiring and uplifting. That guy is the coolest senior I've ever seen.

Abandoned on Fire

Man, that really made my day.  Thanks for posting.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Better hurry up and commission him for your next album artwork! tongue

Chicago, IL

this was amazing. I'd really like to have some of these to hang up. I wonder if he has an online shop?

matt's mind

hallasko.com

prints are available, seems they are on sale now (?) and some proceeds are going to the VFW (veterans of foreign wars, a big vet organization in the USA for those who don't know)