Philadelphia, PA

HELLO ^-^
I am a painter and a graphic designer who would really like to create visuals! The only problem: I do not know where to start. I know nothing about the process or the programs used. Any tips/info would be really super appreciated heart

hi- a guy named ui has a list of good tutorials on pixel art (i am guessing that is what you're talking about) here: http://iloveui.com/pixelart.html

most people, as far as i understand, use either mspaint, photoshop, or grafX (sometimes a mixture)

rochester, ny
deyzi wrote:

HELLO ^-^
I am a painter and a graphic designer who would really like to create visuals! The only problem: I do not know where to start. I know nothing about the process or the programs used. Any tips/info would be really super appreciated heart

maybe you could tell us a vj you like and then someone might know how they go about making their visuals?

Sweden

A video player? Research? You are not very specific in describing what you intend to create. I would search for VJ software anywhere on the web or in this subforum and get accustomed to something that seems nice. I think ui made a nice list of 8-bittish VJ software, it should be somewhere here.

i'm sorry, i missed where you said "visuals"- thought you meant pixel art. the link i posted might still be useful for some aspects of what you're looking for :0

Douglas, Wyoming

Glitchnes is pretty useful, I know a lot of people still use it. That and a basic video projector can about cover you

Philadelphia, PA

Thank you all for you replies (: I found a program that I really like called Resolume.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You should check out powerpoint, great for presentations.