Arizona

I am trying to get these tracks sounding decent but lack any good audio gear.  My headphones have too much treble and my stereo adds a ton of bass.  I've been switching between the two and feel like I've found a happy medium.  I'd just like some feedback from others who are better at mixing.

First track:
https://soundcloud.com/mostlytoast1/moonlit-streets

Second Track:
https://soundcloud.com/mostlytoast1/sha … ountains-1

Another question, is the stereo panning on the second track too distracting?  I'm worried about one of my instruments, a 50% square that pans every 3 ticks.  Should I cut the panning or leave it?

Thanks for the help.

TX

I think the panning is cool and makes a cool contrast with the parts that are mono. It pans so quickly that it almost sounds like an instrument in each channel that has tremolo on it, though, so it'd sound really different if you took the panning out, enough to where I can't say which way would be better without hearing it.

I'm no expert on mixing, but the tracks sound good on my headphones and my terrible speakers, so I'd say they're fine.

Detroit, Michigan

dude these tracks are nice, you should play a Piko Piko Detroit show

Arizona
snesei wrote:

dude these tracks are nice, you should play a Piko Piko Detroit show

If you're serious, then I'd love to.  Sadly I only have these 2 tracks at the moment. 

I tried cutting the panning, dumb idea, it sounded terrible and flat.  Also tried recording each channel separately and applying a tremolo to the panned bits (while they weren't panning).  It sounded similar to the panning, except it didn't sound terrible in mono.  I might mess with this more later but spending 15 minutes sitting still and recording each channel is time consuming.

Douglas, Wyoming

These really are fantastic

Puerto Rico

I could only hear the first before my speakers decided to be dicks. But from what I can tell it's really good (mixing-wise).

Love that track (Moonlit Streets) and also... REAAALLY digging that bassy sound. Nom.