São Paulo, Brazil

Hi folks, my midiNES is finally working nice with a midi interface (no more lags), but I'm having trouble figuring out how to send midi control changes from Ableton to midiNES, for editing its sounds. I tried to use the instrument rack posted here, but unfortunally it won't work with my Ableton Intro version.

I tried using MIDI Patchbay, an external midi editor for mac, but it crashes all the time. Well, any way of solving it inside ableton itself? It would be the best, because all my music is there.

thanks! smile

Finland
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Hi folks, my midiNES is finally working nice with a midi interface (no more lags), but I'm having trouble figuring out how to send midi control changes from Ableton to midiNES, for editing its sounds. I tried to use the instrument rack posted here, but unfortunally it won't work with my Ableton Intro version.

I tried using MIDI Patchbay, an external midi editor for mac, but it crashes all the time. Well, any way of solving it inside ableton itself? It would be the best, because all my music is there.

thanks! smile

Im not sure if you are aware of this or if this is any help but it seems that at least Live Launchpad Edition (which is basically Intro with different name), midi-out functionality was limited before the latest update (8.10 or something). It added midi outs to instrument view + other stuff in my Lp Edition. Maybe it could help. Im at work so I'm not exactly sure about version numbers or anything..

brighton, uk

Alter midi information through the Envelopes section in a clip.
There's a drop down menu of midi ccs.
Otherwise route a midi controller through ableton and set each CC up via the controller if you want to record in real time.
Make sure Overdub is OFF when you make adjustments as it will record it into each clip where you have sent your midi data.
If all else fails, upgrade, I havent used the version you have before so I don't know its limitations.

brighton, uk

Select CC and draw automation

Select Midi output (device should be at the top if its enabled)

São Paulo, Brazil

Thanks a lot DKSTR and CMDR! I did know where the midi output was, I just couldn't figure the CC settings were in the envelope screen. I'm at work right now and as soon as I get home I'll try it out.

CMDR, thanks a ton for the time and patience for putting these screens. Really appreciate it.

brighton, uk

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Pr … teControl/

This is a plugin (or set of) that you can convert one midi input to an output, and assign knobs in ableton to.
I'd acquire it If I were you, it's what im currently using for MSSIAH and it's one of the only ones that I've found that you can use midi learn on in Ableton.
If you can find a working alternative I'd get it.

http://www.bluecataudio.com//Vault/Prod … ntrols.png

each knob can be set to a separate midi cc and then routed into another midi channel to affect the control changes in each clip.

São Paulo, Brazil

thanks man, I'll look for it!