Michigan

SOLD - adding more laterz

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 24, 2014 11:24 pm)

Medina, Ohio

What is meant by "backlight reactive"? Like light sensitive or something?

dsv101 wrote:

What is meant by "backlight reactive"? Like light sensitive or something?

it glows when a blacklight is shining on it. that's what i think from the picture on kitsch's site
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-dmg-case

Michigan

"BLacklight reactive"

kitsch wrote:

huzzah!

BOTH of the upcoming clear colors are blacklight reactive! 

soon big_smile

sorry for the crappy cell phone pic

clovis CA

dude i think those rca jacks just make it pop SOOO much better L:

Michigan
Alley Beach wrote:

dude i think those rca jacks just make it pop SOOO much better L:

You like? I like too. big_smile

I normally buy the silver ones but radio shack was cleaned out at the time. That actually reminds me, I need to add a load of them to my mouser cart...

You're alive! Nice new stuff. I can really feel the love in your gameboys big_smile

I'm still too scared to drill holes for rca jacks. I've done it before and it always comes out fine but I can't help but cringe when I think about it.

Michigan
thnikk wrote:

You're alive! Nice new stuff. I can really feel the love in your gameboys big_smile

I'm still too scared to drill holes for rca jacks. I've done it before and it always comes out fine but I can't help but cringe when I think about it.

Alive? I remember you from 8BC Jack, it just took me awhile longer to register here on CM. IIRC, it rejected me several years back so I never tried again until recently. tongue

I have drilled holes in all colors of DMG's EXCEPT for blue and white. Not that I have ever seen one in person, but I wouldn't go within 15 feet of one with any kind of object. tongue

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 15, 2013 2:15 am)

Maybe you should note that the SGB CPU mod, changes the boot time to something like 0.5 sec. and that there is no logo with pling sound.

Also can I ask how you soldered CPU? I've done this myself long ago with a hot air soldering station.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Aug 15, 2013 7:20 am)

Michigan
Glitch Militia wrote:

Also can I ask how you soldered CPU? I've done this myself long ago with a hot air soldering station.

All by hand, brother. I used chip quik to remove the CPUs and my RadioShack iron to put them back in. I will be buying an SMD station very soon though, but on ly intend to use the hot air while removing components.

Small tip. maybe you can resize your photo's a bit next time. 2.9 MB per photo is maybe a bit much, especially for people browsing the forums on mobile.

other than that, good work.

clovis CA

WOW, you use a radioshack iron?! thats skill right there man.. a little trick i do to desolder chips is to put them in a frying pan for a few minutes. put the board in the pan durring preheat to warm the board up and then once it starts to reflow, pull the ic within 30 sec and get it outta there hahaha. you dont really want it in there too long, or i can damage components tongue i did this once to a cart, and the battery blew up... made a nice little mess hmm

Michigan
Alley Beach wrote:

WOW, you use a radioshack iron?! thats skill right there man.. a little trick i do to desolder chips is to put them in a frying pan for a few minutes. put the board in the pan durring preheat to warm the board up and then once it starts to reflow, pull the ic within 30 sec and get it outta there hahaha. you dont really want it in there too long, or i can damage components tongue i did this once to a cart, and the battery blew up... made a nice little mess hmm

I can't say I will ever try that. lol
in any case, I just ordered this. I spent a lot of time discussing and weighing my options. This station won nearly unanimously!

Michigan

Humor me with trade offers.

Michigan

Make an offer. At this point, I just want it gone.