Ciudad de méxico, MX

Willing to try this, the little scale teensy sync works really weird on me, (or I'm just missing something anyways).

For this proyect, what files exactly and how I upload the software to the teensy?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Analog (Sep 12, 2013 8:39 am)

Mexico

es muy fácil Analog!, yo arme 1 externo y uno dentro de un DMG http://noizeinabox.blogspot.com/2012/12/teensyboy.html

Cualquier duda contactame via facebook

Saludos

Analog wrote:

Willing to try this, the little scale teensy sync works really weird on me, (or I'm just missing something anyways).

For this proyect, what files exactly and how I upload the software to the teensy?

thanks in advance.

matt's mind
Analog wrote:

thanks in advance.

ah, glad you got the package!  very cool, was starting to get worried

Ciudad de méxico, MX
kitsch wrote:
Analog wrote:

thanks in advance.

ah, glad you got the package!  very cool, was starting to get worried

Thanks matt!, you got the payment ok, don't you? I'mm still worried !

maniacfreakquency wrote:

es muy fácil Analog!, yo arme 1 externo y uno dentro de un DMG http://noizeinabox.blogspot.com/2012/12/teensyboy.html

Cualquier duda contactame via facebook

Saludos

Hey, gracias Ric. Pues ni idea donde comprar los componentes en DF, sí, se vé muy fácil. ¡gracias, te molestaré por facebook!

Last edited by Analog (Sep 12, 2013 5:42 pm)

Cleveland, OH

I made a couple USB Arduino Boys today. Mostly just because I had the stuff and I could:

Edit: If you make no changes to the code and load it onto the teensy, when you put everything together and turn on your gameboy what LED should light up?  Sorry for a question I know is documented in the code its just helpful for me to be sure.

Does it default to a mode or do I need to specify that by editing the code?

Last edited by Adil Soubki (Jan 1, 2014 4:26 am)

Ohio, USA
thursdaycustoms wrote:

I made a couple USB Arduino Boys today. Mostly just because I had the stuff and I could:

Hey, I ordered one of your USB Boys, and I'm trying to figure out how to get it working with Max and the ArduinoBoy patch it came with. I need to fix these dropped notes issues.  Any ideas?

Cleveland, OH
WACOMalt wrote:

Hey, I ordered one of your USB Boys, and I'm trying to figure out how to get it working with Max and the ArduinoBoy patch it came with. I need to fix these dropped notes issues.  Any ideas?

Did you try all of the suggestions made in your thread? Max Dolensky is going to be more help than I will be in this sort of issue as it is not a hardware issue.

Alabama

In his thread we established that some of the MIDI code for the original Arduinoboy which interfaces with the Max patch is not present in the code for the USB Boy due to the Teensy code using Teensy libraries. It would require porting or rewriting a good bit of code. I'd be up to the task but not for at least a month. But all USB Boys are easy to upgrade firmware on. wink so there is room to roll out an update in the future

Last edited by MaxDolensky (Mar 31, 2014 10:33 pm)

Cleveland, OH
MaxDolensky wrote:

In his thread we established that some of the MIDI code for the original Arduinoboy which interfaces with the Max patch is not present in the code for the USB Boy due to the Teensy code using Teensy libraries. It would require porting or rewriting a good bit of code. I'd be up to the task but not for at least a month. But all USB Boys are easy to upgrade firmware on. wink so there is room to roll out an update in the future

Ah okay. Sounds good. I'll get in touch with your about a future software update.

Ohio, USA

I'll try tweaking it on my end. I finally got my environment set up to be able to adjust it tongue if I find a delay value that works well I'll let you guys know. Thanks so much for all the pointers, and I hope you can get the few small issues worked out.  I'm not so much worried about being able to use the max patch. More just fixing the few things in mGB mode that cause missed notes. That'd probably require a lot less tweaking than getting that max patch working for the same end goal.

Cleveland, OH

Alrighty. Let me know what you are able to find out and hopefully I can alert others to this error. Thanks!

Ohio, USA

I found that a value around 300 alleviates a great deal of the missing notes. but a value even as high as 1000 doesn't solve all of them 100%.

I set mine to "delayMicroseconds(1000)" anyways, since it doesn't seem to increase latency, so why not tongue

Last edited by WACOMalt (Apr 1, 2014 1:52 am)

In midi out mode, when I send a Nxx from channel 1 (pu1), it goes to channel 16 on my midi interface.
And when I send a Nxx fron channel 4 (NOI), it goes to channel 3... is it normal?
Thx

It's not *not* normal, but those aren't the default channels. Defaults are PU1 = MIDI channel 1, PU2 = MIDI channel 2, WAV = MIDI channel 3, NOI = MIDI channel 4.

However, the teensyboy firmware loads values for the output channels (and a bunch of other stuff) from EEPROM, so channel 16 etc. must be stored in EEPROM for some reason.

One fix would be to open Arduinoboy1_2_3_teensy.ino and edit:
  boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = false;
to read:
  boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = true;

Then recompile and upload to the Teensy.

That's assuming the default channels are what you want.

Knife Crimes wrote:

It's not *not* normal, but those aren't the default channels. Defaults are PU1 = MIDI channel 1, PU2 = MIDI channel 2, WAV = MIDI channel 3, NOI = MIDI channel 4.

However, the teensyboy firmware loads values for the output channels (and a bunch of other stuff) from EEPROM, so channel 16 etc. must be stored in EEPROM for some reason.

One fix would be to open Arduinoboy1_2_3_teensy.ino and edit:
  boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = false;
to read:

Then recompile and upload to the Teensy.

That's assuming the default channels are what you want.

OK Thanks
Can you also confirm that I can force the midi out mode, at the same time, with:

0x01, //force mode
    0x05, //mode

?