Taichung, Taiwan

How's it going everyone. I'm working on music this month and putting a hold on the modifying aspect of chiptune music until I can get some music released. This thread will be an update/progress report for the song I am currently working on.

+ DMG-01
+ LSDJ 4.7.3
+ Numark M6 USB Mixer
+ Audacity (Compressor Effect added to the track)
+ Final Cut Pro X

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/willworkforric3

+ Headphones and 720p/1080p for best quality audio.

WIP 1 (8-12-2013)
Notes: A song I've been working on my free time the past day or so.

WIP 2 (8-15-2013)
Notes: I've only managed to complete one full chain in the past two days. Tried different instruments and melodies past line 3 but nothing so far seemed to be doing it. Working more on it this weekend.

WIP 3 (8-17-2013)
Notes: Repeated a row of chains in near the beginning of the song and added drum samples. Using a kit of 8-bit kick samples and 8-bit amen break samples. Working on figuring out how to break down this melody and build up another.

WIP 4 (8-19-2013)
Notes: Redid some of the drum sections and managed to start transitioning into the middle portion of the song. Added some effects from a Korg Mini KP and a Numark M6 USB mixer.

WIP 5 (8-25-2013)
Notes: Tweaked Line 8 and added Line 9. Not really enjoying it all that much. Before I tried adding a bass line in the WAV channel with WAV instruments and it wasn't working out. It feels like I'm still trying to "build up" the song instead of evening off or plateauing. The drum sections are sounding a little too silly and I don't think the zapping sounds and kicks are doing much for the song in the noise channel. I am most likely going to re-do lines 8 and 9 and try to keep it simple without overcomplicating it... like it is now.

WIP 6 (8-27-2013)
Notes: Spent three hours last night and two hours tonight working on it. I am more happy with how it has turned out. 90% done. A lot of fine tuning. Five more days left on my August song project. I went back to the song file for WIP4 and progressed from there instead of working off of WIP5.

WIP 7 (8-29-2013)
Notes: Repeated some sections, changed some sections, tweaked a few instruments, and added tempo changes within the song. Going to make a few more tweaks here and there to the song tomorrow. Three more days until my August song project deadline is upon me.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Aug 30, 2013 6:27 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

WIP 4 added.

San Diego, CA

I won't say anything about the song on here, but I REALLY like the fact that you've been posting the song's progression as it evolves -- that's something more people need to do when asking for CC, and it really helps us figure out where you want the song to go, even though you haven't told us.

Taichung, Taiwan

WIP 6 added.

Taichung, Taiwan

WIP 7 is up!