Minneapolis

Updated Oct. 14, 2013

I am going to begin offering a custom engraving service for DMGs now.

Here is how it works:
If you want me to design something for you or customize a design I've already done for you, just ask, I'm happy to do that for you. If you want to do the design work yourself for maximal control, download this design template and work with it in Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, or any other vector graphics program of your choice. I prefer Inkscape, it's free and open source! The file is scaled 1:1, so if you don't mess with the scale you can be sure everything will line up perfectly.

Ultimately, you want to wind up with something that looks sorta like this, so i can engrave it for you on my laser.

Pricing works like this:
If you want me to provide a Kitschboy case and engrave it
Full case engraving, front and back sides: $50
Half case engraving, front OR back: $30

If you want to mail me your own case and I engrave it
Full case engraving, front and back sides: $40
Half case engraving, front OR back: $20

Extras: If you want a Kitschboy case with the matching buttons, screen protector, shielding, and battery terminals, add $3.

Some final notes: if you want a Gameboy engraved, you need to send me just the case. Do NOT send the electronics if at all possible, and keep the screws, buttons, and anything else that might fall off at home. All I want is the plastic shell. Also, I cannot at this time engrave onto shells which have been painted or treated with RetroBrite solutions. Paint is volatile and can do very strange and bad things when lasers hit it, and cases which have been RetroBrite treated get mottled and ugly results when engraved.

If you want to have engraving and paint, I suggest you get your shell engraved before painting it.

Apple IIgs update: (note that IIgs goodies are take everything for $75 + shipping or make an offer if you want parts.)
MicroDrive IDE and 4mb RAM cards sold! Everything else is still here.

- 2x Apple IIgs systems, with working PSUs.
- 1mb RAM card, fully populated. This was the standard issue card that most late-model IIgs machines shipped with.
- 2x each of 5.25" and 3.5" floppy drives, all working. Also, tons of software on floppy. All the discs are made from disk images found online, and were written recently. I can't promise they don't have any bit-rot or some such, but I suspect they all work. I also have sealed NOS packages of floppies in both sizes.
- Original IIgs keyboard and mouse. This is the really nice original IIgs keyboard with Alps mechanical switches under each key. A great compact keyboard, and if nobody wants it, I'm probably gonna convert it to USB. (NOTE: Keyboard is available again!)
- Original RGB monitor.
- Finally, I have cables, manuals, and other goodies for those who are interested.

Last edited by arfink (Oct 14, 2013 9:49 pm)

Minneapolis

Please post a picture of your DMG in this thread or via PM if you wish to offer.

Columbus, Indiana

Lemme look I am sure I have a few and would love to have this to go with my other gbc. Will pm tonight with some pics of my dmgs.

(219) Indiana, USA

I have one and can post pictures tomorrow if needed. Would you want pictures of it assembled and disassembled?

Minneapolis

Basically, the shell and internals are needed so I can measure the living daylights out of them. I'm designing something, and there is no substitute for having it in my hands. I suppose if yours is in really abominable shape I won't want it, but we'll see.

Minneapolis

Someone has offered me something rather tempting... let's see how it goes.

Minneapolis

Many thanks to Kitsch for providing the dead DMG. Work now begins...

seattle

kitsch to the rescue! big_smile

Minneapolis

I have an Apple IIgs that needs some love, cuz it ain't gettin' any from me. It's been carefully stored for several years now, and I realized that if I've never used it in 2 years that it's probably not going to get used again for a very long time. I don't absolutely have to get rid of it all, and I'm happy to take bits and pieces out if you just want parts of it.

Everything is clean and well cared for, and 100% functioning. Here is a list of the goodies I have:

2x Apple IIgs systems, with working PSUs. One is bone stock, and the other has goodies, as follows:

4mb RAM upgrade card, fully populated. This is currently installed in the machine.

1mb RAM card, fully populated. This was the standard issue card that most late-model IIgs machines shipped with. It is not installed right now.

MicroDrive IDE card, which is connected to a CompactFlash adapter. So basically, this IIgs has an SSD. Currently loaded with piles of games, and has partitions for GSOS and Prodos. Has copies of Proterm (surf the web dude!) and Apple Works installed as well.

2x each of 5.25" and 3.5" floppy drives, all working. Also, tons of software on floppy. All the discs are made from disk images found online, and were written recently. I can't promise they don't have any bit-rot or some such, but I suspect they all work. I also have sealed NOS packages of floppies in both sizes.

Original IIgs keyboard and mouse. This is the really nice original IIgs keyboard with Alps mechanical switches under each key. A great compact keyboard, and if nobody wants it, I'm probably gonna convert it to USB.

And of course, the original RGB monitor. No burn in, and doesn't seem to have any issues at all. I am willing to mail the monitor, but be aware that if you want to have me ship it, it's shipped at your own risk. I can pack it as well as humanly possible, but none of the major carriers are terribly careful these days, and even the best-packed CRT in the world isn't going to survive a USPS guy dropping it off the back of a truck, as seems to happen when they encounter heavy things. tongue

Finally, I have cables, manuals, and other goodies for those who are interested.

If you're local and you want it all, $150 and it's yours. Otherwise, feel free to offer. Pics to follow...

Michigan

DIBS MUTHER F!
PMing now.

Minneapolis

The keyboard has been spoken for. I may have a spare from a Mac laying around here somewhere...

Damn you, Jazz! tongue

What do you want per 5.25 disk?  I think the MicroDrive card is out of my price range, but I might be able to make an insulting offer if you want.  Which 4meg RAM card is this (I am looking for things that are compatible with a 2e)?  Is the mouse one of the rectangular ones? Am I correct in assuming it is the platinum one without contrasting color on the button?

Jazzmarazz, are you still planning on doing the SD drive, and if so what do you think the prices will be?

Also, arfink, what are you looking for as potential trade items?

Last edited by rygD (Sep 29, 2013 10:17 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Nooooooo!  Dude, that is such a good price.

For everything, it really is.

Minneapolis

Trade stuff I want:
Anything Neo Geo (preferably MVS, but I'd go for Pocket stuff too)
Jamma arcade stuff
Vintage gaming stuff, unmodded.
I am not really interested in Gameboy stuff. Sorry guys. sad

For a Vectrex I'd give you all of it, no questions asked! And pay for all the shipping!

rygD: make your offer. I tried to get people to lowball me over on the vintage computer forums, and nobody would even try. If it's insulting I'll be sure to bluster and turn red in the face, and then probably talk you up a few more bucks. tongue

Concerning the mouse, it's the standard IIgs platinum rectangle.

Finally, the 4meg card is the one sold by Briel Computers, which you can check out here: http://www.brielcomputers.com/wordpress/?cat=22

It is, to my knowledge, only compatible with the IIgs. However, if you wanted a IIgs to go with the card, I think the cards are worth more than the rest of the IIgs. tongue Heck, if you bought both cards, I'd throw in the rest of the IIgs.

Last edited by arfink (Sep 30, 2013 2:29 am)

Milwaukee, WI

ha, part of me wants to trade back the MVS for the 4mb and Microdrive cards.  Would you want to do that?  FYI, I don't have one, but I could tell you where to order a Vectrex for like $90.