So ive finally finished a song that im actually fond of and gotten positive feedback from random people, and Id love to have some CC from you guys!  Im not sure what genre this quite fits into, so if you want to fill me in on that also I would appreciate it.  Theres also the start of a dnb track I started working on that so I wouldnt be opposed to some feedback on that also.  Thanks guys!

https://soundcloud.com/4ftertaste/put-to-sea

https://soundcloud.com/4ftertaste/whiner-wip

Charlotte, NC

I'm not a Chiptune vet or anything, so for an in-depth analysis, i'm sure someone like that will comment. I have to say that for a WIP, Whiner was very nice. It was very upbeat, witch surprised me after hearing the mellow and sad toned song Put to Sea. All in all, I enjoyed your music. keep it up!

seattle

'Put To Sea': that instrument with the reverse E command is a little bit too much, imo. when the change at 0:33 or so, it doesn't really make sense at first, maybe change the notation a little to cohere with the respective chord a little better? i really like the 'break' in the middle. i can tell that you're not using the latest version of LSDJ, because the WAV kits are little noisy, but i use an older version as well, because for some reason, i like the kit noise. overall, nice solid track. the ending was a little off-putting, to be completely honest. my favorite of the two tracks.

'Whiner WIP': like folks before me have said, this is nice and upbeat. i'm not a huge fan of the sounds made by a gameboy in higher registers (anything above C7 or so becomes a little obnoxious to me when used liberally), but that's just my opinion. i like the groove/beat of the track, and the general feel. if you do decide to make it longer and turn it into a full track, make sure you put in some sort of melody or other changing part, otherwise i think it'll get really repetitive, really fast.

hope this helps, you have some really solid first tracks!

Thanks, I was having a hard time trying to find a 'soft' sound for the progression so I sorta just settled with a reverse envelope, I finally figured out how the vol column works in tables so I might have to revisit that sometime.  I think you may be right on the LSDJ version too, it was 4.6x, but I switched to 4.7x last night when I finally got the kit-manager to play nice with my roms.  I do like the lo-fi sounding samples too though, I was lost for an ending too, Its the hardest thing for me to write in a song.

I do plan on having a melody, but I was so tickled with the meat of the track that I had to throw it online to show some friends and get some feedback.  Thanks for the input guys smile

California

Yeah, a table with volume commands would let you have that slow attack without having the bass pulse go to maximum volume. I do like the kit beat you have near the end, though.

Everything else I wanted to say's already been said by seatrash, but not bad for first stuff.