Bucks County, PA

Hey everyone!

I really need to move some of these Game Boys!!! I've got a couple really neat projects lined up, but I just don't have the funds at the moment- please take a second to check out my builds if you're looking for a new DMG!

I've had these sweet arduinoBoys laying around for a while, but I can't for the life of me get them to work with the maxpat editor... I've had them sync with my keyboard, so I'm not sure what's up- But if you're interested in one, I'm sure we can get it working for whatever your needs may be!

Check 'Em out! They've got a Pitch mod, Prosound, V5 backlights, original speakers- everything you could want in a arduinoBoy!

› Internal RGArduinoBoy

› Internal ArduinoBoy

Looking for a cool, PitchBent pocket?! Look no further,

› WaveBoy

I also have a ton of DMG shells, both painted and plain- click below for pics!

› DMG Shells

I've got a couple regular DMGs too,

› Working, Unmodified, DMGs

I'd be more than happy to work out shipping if you're interested!  I can ship internationally, although i'm in the US.
Thanks in advance! 
And feel free to shoot me an email/PM if you have a custom build you'd like to see become a reality!

-DS

Last edited by DipSwitch (Oct 21, 2014 2:24 am)

(219) Indiana, USA

i like the little white switches on the redscare. Good job on these!

Boise, ID

Those are really really nice.

Dallas, Texas

What exactly is 'Ground Boost? and how would I install?  Also +1 for using DIP switches big_smile

Bucks County, PA

Thanks for all the complements guys!  Glad you all like them!

The whole ground boost thing was sort of a happy accident..  I noticed you could have your right and left sound channels connected, without a ground wire and get a more clear signal than the ProSound mod!  Of course it comes in a bit quieter, but thats why you can flip the switch- connect the ground- and pump it up!

To be honest, i'm still trying to figure out how it works tongue I'm assuming it's limiting the wave's amplitude, but i don't want to say anything for sure until i'm positive!  (So far it's only really noticeable wearing headphones, or plugged into a computer- doesn't seem to work with my speakers.. i'll be playing with it in the future!)

EDIT: Woops, i forgot to mention- to install, just run a switch between your ground and your jack!  Connecting the two will enable to boost..

Last edited by DipSwitch (Oct 2, 2013 1:06 am)

Brisbane, Australia
DipSwitch wrote:

A relatively simple DMG, the SlowPoke sports a Bivert-able Screen, as well as Pitchmod, and an additional jack for Prosound!  Oh, and did i mention is has a set of internal LEDs?!  Lighting the splatter effect from the back, creates an awesome effect- and better yet, the LEDs serve as a battery level indicator!  When they go out; you've only got about 15 more minutes before the DMG too dies!  The toggle switch controls the biversion, and pressing the button will enable the Pitchmod (using custom FERN variable oscillator circuits)- meaning you get maximum control over when, and for how long you bend your sound- with next to no chance of a crash!
Status LED has also been modded to match the backlight!
More Pics Here: http://imgur.com/P2NjTEd,50MYAXt,tgpgqo … ,csMsGGd#0
Price: $135 - Open to trades!

Care to elaborate a little more on that momentary switch? I.e. What switch you used / how it's wired / what exactly it does?
Super intrigued!

Bucks County, PA

The switch i used (which can be found here) is just a standard SPST pushbutton.  When pushed it closes the circuit, which in this case is just a link to the oscillator.  In other words, the 'clock out' from the board runs into one pin of the button, while the other pin leads to the GameBoy's clock!

I was surprised, when i first tried this, that even though it was quite a jump going from the Pitchmod back to real time- the gameboy almost never crashed! (Certain games (Gameboy camera) seem to crash easier than others?)

I've been trying to document my findings in this Instructable, but i can't say i've updated it in a while..

Thanks for your interest!

Cincinnati, OH

Man these have a messy look...
AND THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT BAD!!
These are great! Really awesome work all around.

Bucks County, PA

Update:
GameBoys have been tossed on eBay- with new pictures!  Take a gander!

SlowPoke
WaveBoy
RedScare

Last edited by DipSwitch (Oct 20, 2013 2:00 am)

Bucks County, PA

Bump! 

Price Drop!

Really need to get these guys sold to make room for some new stuff!  If anyone's interested let me know!  I'm sure we can work something out!

Bucks County, PA

Final Bump! 

New build- ALL PRICES LOWERED!

Damn man, that PS2 boy is rad

Sweden

Are these still available?

Bucks County, PA

Yep!  I still have them all!

Bucks County, PA

Bump for RGB ArduinoBoy!

Bucks County, PA

Bump for some awesome Internal ArduinoBoys!!