Columbus, Indiana

Anybody know of anything cool you can do with these? I found a wiki for them, but nothing else on google. My local goodwill has one in the box for $6, and 2 others with box that are opened.I was thinking of trying out an SB16 build I thought this may have some potential until I get the SB16 set up.

"without actual hardware for FM synthesis, FM music was simulated using the Ensoniq wavetable, with the result that most FM soundtracks sounded little more than a jumble of cacophonous notes played on random MIDI instruments"

doesnt sound promising

Michigan

The cards are actually 16bit or have opl3's? You should probably buy them because people here could then buy them from you. I have a sound blaster but I think its newer...sadly.

Columbus, Indiana
sandneil wrote:

"without actual hardware for FM synthesis, FM music was simulated using the Ensoniq wavetable, with the result that most FM soundtracks sounded little more than a jumble of cacophonous notes played on random MIDI instruments"

doesnt sound promising

Yeah I read that, but then I stumbled onto a youtube video that sounded alright.

Edit: shoulda added a youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zz-OFYTQLE

Last edited by meanwun (Oct 5, 2013 10:29 pm)

Michigan

Definately sounds like simple midi, but skipping around there were some good sounds .

Columbus, Indiana

I went ahead and got it. It said it could do "spatial" effects and I realized it was the first Saturday of the month, AKA 1/2 price. I picked up 2 in case someone wanted one. I now need to try and find an old comp to gut and use this in.