TSSBAY01

lets talk about the amstrad cpc a little bit. i've been checking out some demos for this thing in the past few days and it seems like its pretty good, and that maybe its even got some life in it now with people developing for it. sort of surprised that theres no thread for this thing here yet.

anybody familiar enough with it to point out some of the better game soundtracks for this unit? personally i like the sound of this thing, its got a little freshy freshy to it that some of these demos are showing off nicely, but from what i can tell the music in games mighta left a little to be desired. any really solid gems on this thing?

dat scroller @ the beginning rulez

England

doesnt it have the same sound chip as the speccy?
i really like the cpcs colours. lovely pink purples and blues.

Yeah it's just an AY in there, I always liked the 'Aliens' soundtrack for some reason.  (the uk version)

TSSBAY01

yea, those colors for it are real vibrant. seems like aliens and robocop and maybe some of those renegades were really solid for it, im just wondering if theres any standout soundtracks on it that are on the level of some of these demos i see. what region seems to have the most amstrad guys working still, probably poland right?

i think it was most popular in france

Milwaukee, WI

Ultrasyd was doing some pretty sweet tunes for it.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, Syd is the dude to ask for details on getting started with it. Here's the details he gave me:

An Amstrad cpc 6128 with color monitor ans Starkos tracker is all you need : )

And adding a 3"1/2 floppy drive so that transferring files and software from pc is easy

Also, an other solution, would be to order a CPC booster (something like 20€ i think), which allows to conenct the PC and the CPC for development. Then, you have a tracker on PC, called Arkos Tracker. You can use it on PC only, but also, together with the Amstrad, when you press play non the PC, the sound is played on the CPC. Pretty nice, but for some reasons, i like to use CPC only.

A good ressource center for CPC is Push n Pop website

french demoscene website

most of the active guys are french now, or some german ... the scene is quite small

http://pushnpop.net/

Also, for special pieces of hardware, you can ask directly to the guys there (CPC booster, cables ...)

The guy whod evelops Arkos and Starkos is called Targhan, very nice guy, who answers directly to your questions. That's how I started : )

Maybe, the most difficult point for you will be to find a CPC ?

France (au milieu)
sandneil wrote:

i think it was most popular in france

yes it was !!

I had one as a kid \o/
should still be in my parent's attic

... hours on barbarian, chopping heads off ^^