Sweeeeeeden

Crazy idea time. I'll make a drum ROM which can be played on the buttons, much like Aleksi Eeben's Electric Drum. It would be using only generated sounds. But to get the best sounds out of it, I would like to look at LSDj source files for really well made synthesized drums. Then a user could mix and match sounds to make their own kits. Would anyone be interested in sharing their secrets for this?

Count me in. I have a few goodies (noise kick especially). Will PM you a .lsdjsng with instruments in 24 hours from now.

Unsubscribe

Will there be support for layered sounds? Maybe through smart voice stealing?

Sweeeeeeden
herr_prof wrote:

Will there be support for layered sounds? Maybe through smart voice stealing?

Yes, that is one of the points of making this ROM.

Unsubscribe
thebitman wrote:

Count me in. I have a few goodies (noise kick especially). Will PM you a .lsdjsng with instruments in 24 hours from now.

Whoa that would be interesting if it could just READ a lsdsng file. Then the instruments name will show up in slot 1-?.. and people can share kits via sram dumps.

herr_prof wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Whoa that would be interesting if it could just READ a lsdsng file. Then the instruments name will show up in slot 1-?.. and people can share kits via sram dumps.

Or even link cables with the help of some variation of LittleFM?

Sweeeeeeden

Nah, my goal for this at least, would be a finished 32 kB ROM with only presets.

Abandoned on Fire

How do you want the instruments to be submitted?  Screen shots of lsdj screens or a sav file or what?

NC in the US of America

I have a couple drums that I think are actually maybe good (it got the approval of a couple biggish famitracker and amiga mod names at least). I'll hit you up.

How will one control this software? Will it have midi?

Sweeeeeeden

I want the focus of the program to be live playability, so probably only controllable through the buttons. Full disclosure, I'm even hoping to sell this as a cartridge in the future (as well as being a free download.) As for submissions, as long as I can reproduce the sound, it doesn't really matter. I'm expecting a lot of these patches to be layered across channels and maybe using channel 3, so sav/lsdsng might be easier.

Murcia, Spain

Can't wait to try it big_smile

Madriz, Supain
nitro2k01 wrote:

I'm even hoping to sell this as a cartridge in the future

YES

Michigan

Any reason why you wish to use only generated sounds?

Sweeeeeeden

I want to fit into a 32 kB so it can fit on a cheapo ROM only cartridge. That doesn't strictly rule out sampled drums, but the space would be limited.

Michigan

Oh. Very nice.
Wild idea but what would it take to get that from under 8k? I am tearing into a few Sega genesis carts that utilize serial sram and I wonder if its possible to load he rom onto the GB internal ram and run from there.