IL

Yo.

This is a rock (I guess) track I did in VGM MM.

I'd like to know if it was enjoyable to listen to and I'd like some suggestions on what I could of improved. Any other comments are welcome.

Links:

http://chipmusic.org/genesisega/music/segadrive (Unfinished)

http://chipmusic.org/genesisega/music/s … unfinished (Finished)

Last edited by genesisega (Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm)

siiiiiiick! nice work sir, i enjoyed it : )

the part in the "chorus" where it skips a beat is very interesting, a nice touch. a lot of old vgm tracks have weird little things like that in them which make them all the more memorable.

IL

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

St. Charles, MO

Okay, a song this good would take me like a year of practice and work to make. This is INCREDIBLE!

IL
ShinigamiMachine wrote:

Okay, a song this good would take me like a year of practice and work to make. This is INCREDIBLE!

Aye thanks dude!

San Francisco

nice. would say that your "guitar" sounds could be maybe a little dirtier. more variation with the drum sounds would be nice with some more HH stuff going. Hard tell tho cuz the cymbals are hard to tell apart. maybe crash to emphasize certain parts. bass sound could be articulated. great composition tho and the fills are solid. maybe work on the  volume mix a little more.

good work tho.

IL
wedanced wrote:

nice. would say that your "guitar" sounds could be maybe a little dirtier. more variation with the drum sounds would be nice with some more HH stuff going. Hard tell tho cuz the cymbals are hard to tell apart. maybe crash to emphasize certain parts. bass sound could be articulated. great composition tho and the fills are solid. maybe work on the  volume mix a little more.

good work tho.

Thanks.

Be sure to check back in a little while cause' I've been reworking it and extending it.

Even when I was doing hip-hop I couldn't change up my drums that much. I have no idea how to be really varied with drums. They seem like the type of thing that just stays constant to me.