UK, Leicester
herr_prof wrote:

You are speaking from the position of a gamer, not of someone who is interested in the artistic and programmatic aesthetics of the platform.  If you eliminate some limits, why not others? I could simply play sonic games rendered in the unity3d engine, cause its "better".

Not really, I'm primarily a gamer, and I much prefer playing on the intended console, for lack of a better phrase, it feels more leggit

Unsubscribe

yea but that is the opposite of the position I was talking about, ie someone who finds finds playing retro games more convenient on modern computers and emulation devices, even if the emulation isn't 100%.

UK, Leicester

then they aren't as hardcore/ complainy as me, and aren't as important obvs.

I do see your point, I have friends who'd much rather download jnes and a rom of super mario, and play it on their £1000 gaming PCs then pick up an NES from a carboot sale. Obviously, it's way more convenient for most people, but yeah.

I still can't for the life of me understand why my mate would rather play pokemon sapphire on his android, than find the copy of it that I lent him a year or so ago, and play it on his DS.

Maine

so i get this from these mfs...

Abandoned on Fire

How could it distinguish a flash cart and somehow disallow it?

Matthew Joseph Payne

I think all they're actually saying is that they aren't going to any effort to test flash carts, so they aren't OFFICIALLY supported.

Or, more realistically, they're afraid that by "supporting" flash carts, that Nintendo will accuse them of supporting piracy.

Maine

but what about the roms that have come after the end of cartridge production?

Murcia, Spain
kineticturtle wrote:

I think all they're actually saying is that they aren't going to any effort to test flash carts, so they aren't OFFICIALLY supported.

Or, more realistically, they're afraid that by "supporting" flash carts, that Nintendo will accuse them of supporting piracy.

Exactly what I think.
They basically don't want to say "Oh yeah, we love flashcarts too".

Chicago, IL
walter b. gentle wrote:

anyways i really am trying to ask, what attracts people to these kinds of retro systems.

HDMI resolution instead of stretched out graphics on your big screen. Wireless controllers. Thats why I want one…

Also, I bet most chiptune lsdj carts and stuff WILL work, they just don't support it if it doesn't.