Las Vegas, Nevada

I am really new at this, I am mainly a chip artist, but thought I should try some art related to pixels and data. Anyways, I am a huge noob at this, but here's my stuff, I glitched my gf

Last edited by commens3nse (Nov 18, 2013 7:49 am)

Maine

would prefer nudes but this is a good start lolz

Lun-dun

The little bending I've done I'm not happy with. It's bloody hard!

Maine

dude its not hard at all

audacity

wordpad

Maine

i need to learn the audacity method.. im sure i will kill it i have a talent for this

the top one is a photo i took of my brother in new zealand when i used to live there
second one is mad max

commens- lets see more! and tell us about your methods

Maine

heres one from a camping trip i took.. bends+editing using notepad++ and gimp

Maine

lol ok i figured the audacity thing out

Lun-dun
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

dude its not hard at all

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. It's easy to get SOMETHING, it's hard to get WHAT I WANT. As I said, I've not done loads of it and I haven't managed to successfully bend a JPEG yet, though I've only spent any proper time with BMPs.

In my mind, the holy grail is more or less here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stallio/se … 906277174/

Maine

even tho that guy is shopping its still not hard man.. also bending isnt about perfect outcomes its actually about the opposite.. do you realize how many images i scrap before i get something im happy with?? its astounding

no i agree with simon, if you have a desired outcome in mind (including colors) then 'without using further image editing post-glitch' it can take some time to get your image to match the one in your imagination
if by "not hard" you mean it isn't physically difficult to move a computer mouse then you're right. and, if someone expresses that something is difficult then who are you to disagree that it is difficult for them?

Lun-dun

Yeah, I know what you mean but that doesn't stop me wanting to make it look exactly how I want it! I definitely feel databending has the potential to be harnessed to a degree, it's whether I have the patience to get there!

I'm sure you  scrap loads of images if my efforts are anything to go by, there's just always that feeling you could be one or two steps away from what you want before it all goes wrong...! A bit like music, I suppose...

Maine

if you walk into databending with a desired outcome knowing the process and what is going on you are a nut job... just saying.. and in the long run no matter how much you disagree with me (which i think you are just for sport..) databending is easy its post production thats the semi-complicated part.. well if you find image editing hard

Maine

i was saying that to defpremium