Maine

since basically your not allowed to have general discussions on this website its pointless and is just taking up space please delete it

New Albany Indiana

Lol is this a rant?

New Albany Indiana

Maybe you should send this to a MOD, they might take it MORE SERIOUSLY.

Litebritedeath Land

-___-  dude you are digging your own grave here.

come on dude

Maine

at this point it sucks because everyone just jumps on everyone else over stupid petty stuff and doesnt realize this is the internet and on the general discussion boards of like every other forum that ever existed on the internet there is such things as random joke threads from time to time... i dont see the point in confusing users of the site with the general discussion board if it doesnt allow general discussion.. my feelings are hurt

New Albany Indiana

*double post

Last edited by Bit wish (Nov 30, 2013 8:30 pm)

I'd stand all the random stuff in gen disc. If there was a way to remove it from recent posts. Since that is what I check the most.

Maine
Timbob wrote:

I'd stand all the random stuff in gen disc. If there was a way to remove it from recent posts. Since that is what I check the most.

i didnt think of that... wayyy better solution than just removing peoples threads and hurting feels or getting rid of the board all together

Maine
Bit wish wrote:

I believe there is a thread just for people posting random stuff, like a "IRC" thread somewhere here.
But im pretty sure all threads need to be chip music related in some sorts, or at least constructive.
Like for instance, ( Im posting this now so you guys can read this after this thread gets closed)

yea but if you go onto like any other forum the gen disc board is usually full of unrelated topics that what its there for.. thats the whole point of having the other boards too so when you are tired of looking at DMG mod threads or whatever you can just go and f00l around in the gen disc board..

i mean dont get me wrong it should be moderated for trolls and spam and hate speech and things of un savory nature but removing a thread with a hilarious pic and random posts that hurt no ones feelings aside from glen beck i mean come on...

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Nov 30, 2013 8:29 pm)

New Albany Indiana
Puke_Flytalker wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I believe there is a thread just for people posting random stuff, like a "IRC" thread somewhere here.
But im pretty sure all threads need to be chip music related in some sorts, or at least constructive.
Like for instance, ( Im posting this now so you guys can read this after this thread gets closed)

yea but if you go onto like any other forum the gen disc board is usually full of unrelated topics that what its there for.. thats the whole point of having the other boards too so when you are tired of looking at DMG mod threads or whatever you can just go and fool around in the gen disc board..

i mean dont get me wrong it should be moderated for trolls and spam and hate speech and things of un savory nature but removing a thread with a hilarious pic and random posts that hurt no ones feelings aside from glen beck i mean come on...

Might want to read the full thing now.

Milwaukee, WI

Your feelings are seriously hurt about a thread being closed?

New Albany Indiana

Like for instance, the thread "CHIPMUSIC EVERY ONE NEEDS TO HAVE"  thread wouldn't really fit in any other sections.
I don't think there is a general rule about posting non-chip music related stuff but there needs to be to clear things up.

Sweeeeeeden

We did discuss this when creating the site. We decided specifically not to have an "off-topic" forum, but instead a "general discussion" board for discussions that don't fit into any of the other forums. The difference between "off-topic" and "general discussion" is important. Things in general discussion should still be at least tangentially related to chip music culture or common interests that people might have. If you just want to post the latest joke image you found, go get a tumblr or something. CM as a whole is supposed to be reasonably on topic.

Maine
Bit wish wrote:

Like for instance, the thread "CHIPMUSIC EVERY ONE NEEDS TO HAVE"  thread wouldn't really fit in any other sections.
I don't think there is a general rule about posting non-chip music related stuff but there needs to be to clear things up.

umm im pretty sure that "chipmusic everyone needs to have" would fit perfectly in the releases board... just saiyan

New Albany Indiana
Theta_Frost wrote:

Your feelings are seriously hurt about a thread being closed?

It happens to every one at some point in time, no biggie, i mean look at the threads i use to post, i cringe when reading them XD

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7561/ … -my-stuff/
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9980/ … p-youtube/
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10116 … tive-site/
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9906/ … community/
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11175 … -chiptune/