Sweden

I think a reasonable compromise would be to make the General Discussion board inaccessible to Puke_Flytalker

Brunswick, GA USA

Please rename the Graveyard "Weekend Threads."

maybe remove all the boards and all the music and just have a bunch of links to everyone's soundcloud

don't think i've ever seen a proper discussion here

UK, Leicester

so basically puke made an unfunny shitpost/crapthread and now he's complaining about out. Bro, maybe if that picture/thread was funny, peeps would give less of a shit.

California, United States

I don't think it's that bad to want to keep this site dedicated to chipmusic.
I mean people aren't here to look at funny pictures of guys who look alike, they are here to talk about chipmusic.
I get you want the group of people you chill with to take a look at something you saw, but (and I believe someone else said this) that is better suited for the IRC channel. Plus the people who made this site for us to use made it this way for a good reason and with good intentions. I think the least we can do is respect their choices.

Also I support zanzan's idea. Creating soundcloud linkhub now.

(+1alpine)

And futhermore granted the rules don't specifically say don't make off-topic threads, but they don't say you are free to post anything you want. They do however say "use common sense".

Last edited by Doxic (Dec 1, 2013 2:32 pm)

NC in the US of America

Only read the first couple posts, but as far as this issue is concerned I think it's good enough that these threads are made every so often, live for a little while, then get locked with no disciplinary action targeted at the thread creators.

Unsubscribe
Space_Cadet_Zhir wrote:

yea i used to go by {PUKEFLYTALKER] when i was writing chipbreak and acting like a dbag on 8bc.. also flooded the image board there with a ton of shitty databends.. prettty funny but then that dude banned my account for trolling this kid and telling him he friend committed suicide to escape his shitty music.. lulz but yea i dont troll anymore.. ]

Recidivism is a bitch.

NC in the US of America
bitjacker wrote:

who thinks trolls should have freedom of speech? if someone is being passive agressive constantly, dont people get sick of them and roll their eyes at everything that is said eventually? freedom of speech is one thing, but if you dont maintain credibility isnt it just pissing into the wind? who cares about who is right?

This is why some people get annoyed at the "why is this thread still open" and other such comments.

Flytalker, seriously though? You need to grow thicker skin. No need getting offended over little stuff like that. I can tell that you are a sensitive soul, but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. Like... to me it just doesn't seem right to blow into a new community and then start trying to tell everyone else who's already been there how things should be and making dramatic statements like "delete general discussion because it isn't real".

You say "look at every other forum" but many other forums with an actual point have "General Discussion, Specific Discussions, Off-Topic". That's just how it is. You say "I want to hit a small community not have to deal with a 1000000000 users community where nobody will pay attention to me" but think about how that small community feels having some random guy flying in and posting silly stuff where it is not welcome. At the very least you should try to make friends and fit in with the community so that your rare instances of silliness are met with "ahahahaha yeah I know that guy he's cool" or something.

.FILTHadelphia

Remove Rules & Announcements. Most threads haven't been replied to since 2010, I'd say it's officially dead.

Sweeeeeeden

Closing this thread for now. Please see:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12817 … community/