Sweeeeeeden

I'm closing the other thread to divert the attention to this thread. Here's a suggestion, which I might do if no one protests too loudly. In part to divide the discussion into two natural categories, in part to discourage off-topic discussion.

I've found that most discussions in the general discussion forum are one of two categories, either general music discussion (listening suggestions and such) or community.related (such as talking about people, events and websites.) So that's what I'm suggesting "general music discussion" and "community".

Thoughts?

Abandoned on Fire

Seems reasonable to me.  "General Music Discussion" sounds like it's inviting me to post about how "Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii" is the greatest concert movie ever (which of course it is).  How general would the general music section be?

Last edited by egr (Dec 1, 2013 6:31 pm)

I support this idea.

Unsubscribe

Can we have community dns resolve to a random youtube comment thread.

United States
egr wrote:

"Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii" is the greatest concert movie ever (which of course it is).

only if you're talking about the directors cut

no imho

dont limit the whole range of uncategorisable but tangentially-related-to-chiptunes discussion subjects to "general music" and "community" just because one  person whined at you for closing their juggalo meme thread

theres an almost infinite range of different things that could be good to discuss here that might not fit into the other categories

examples of a few hard-to-categorise threads of recent times

hidden messages, meanings and inspiration
what was your very first computer / game console ever? and when?
sticker printing - best place?
run ancient operating systems in your web browser
history of chipmusic
rules about sampling
stocktown - a global underground journey

mabye just clarify what "general discussion" is for rather than scrapping it

Brunswick, GA USA

The General board is already in a category called community... How about a category called music with boards about genres, theory, and its own miscellaneous board?

Antwerp, Belgium

I agree with sandnell, I think splitting the board is going to result into one board becoming the new 'general discussion' and the other one probably having not a lot of posts. I think having a few well-visited broadly-defined boards trumps having a lot of 'empty' boards

Litebritedeath Land

Same^^^ I don't think one persons bad attitude over some easy to follow guidelines should upset how this community is laid out.

Gosford, Australia

it doesn't really matter to me since i pretty much exclusively browse the front page

Arizona
Vegasdiamond wrote:

I agree with sandnell, I think splitting the board is going to result into one board becoming the new 'general discussion' and the other one probably having not a lot of posts. I think having a few well-visited broadly-defined boards trumps having a lot of 'empty' boards

+1

Boise, ID
Limitbreak wrote:
Vegasdiamond wrote:

+1

+2

Victory Road wrote:

it doesn't really matter to me since i pretty much exclusively browse the front page

Front Page is King.

nashville,tn
egr wrote:

"Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii" is the greatest concert movie ever

lolz, this is the first thing I've seen in months that was worth signing in to comment on.

I agree! Between David Gilmour obviously stoned eating pie to Roger Waters comment about "give a man a synthesizer he doesn't become us" it is the perfect balance of spinal tap-ish humor and pink floyd-ish haunted beauty.

oh wait off topic comment....
sorry!

Last edited by sugar sk*-*lls (Dec 2, 2013 12:35 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

Just make a trolling section.