/dev/sda2
bitjacker wrote:

Just make a trolling section.

+1 indeed

rochester, ny
egr wrote:

"Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii" is the greatest concert movie ever (which of course it is).

can we just have a whole board for discussing this

Sweden
bitjacker wrote:

Just make a trolling section.

Yeah, and let's make an asshole section at the movie theatre and a terrorist section at the airport.

England

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12649 … rator-v11/

more people need to implement this

New Albany Indiana

Maybe instead of new categories, we make a rule/guideline to clarify what types of gray-zone threads would be allowed.
For example all the ones above are acceptable.
Whereas threads like "Hey look at this picture for the lulz" are just an annoyance.

Or maybe we should just let it be to the mods to decided if a thread is appropriate.

Most gray-zone threads fall in to two categories, purposeful or a waste of time and internet space.

^ that seems pretty fair

Unsubscribe

Yknow what, if you start outlining poor social behavior no-nos it will go on forever because the problem is posters who already emotionally tone death to how overbearing they are, so unless you want to litigate every single potential socially unacceptable interaction, such an idea is probably doomed to failure.

Poster suggestion:

1. Does it belong on cm.o?
2. Do I think people will like it?
3. Can I handle if no one responds to the post at all, or doesn't respond the way Id want them to?

If no to any then DONT POST.

Last edited by herr_prof (Dec 2, 2013 5:08 pm)

the problem is puke flytalker that swhy this thread is created i dont think this forum of 7000+ people should be reshaping itself in any way just to accomodate one guy none of us like anyway

Bit wish wrote:

Or maybe we should just let it be to the mods to decided if a thread is appropriate.

yeah

herr_prof wrote:

unless you want to litigate every single potential socially unacceptable interaction, such an idea is probably doomed to failure.

yeah

herr_prof wrote:

Poster suggestion:

yeah

Canada
egr wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.  "General Music Discussion" sounds like it's inviting me to post about how "Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii" is the greatest concert movie ever (which of course it is).  How general would the general music section be?

Hell yeah it is. Just watched this for the umpteenth time two days ago. Roger Waters beating that gong as a silhouette... it really doesn't get any better.

But yes... this is a grand idea. It will help divert people who have topics about neither of these subjects.

Maine
sandneil wrote:

the problem is puke flytalker that swhy this thread is created i dont think this forum of 7000+ people should be reshaping itself in any way just to accomodate one guy none of us like anyway

Bit wish wrote:

yeah

herr_prof wrote:

unless you want to litigate every single potential socially unacceptable interaction, such an idea is probably doomed to failure.

yeah

herr_prof wrote:

Poster suggestion:

yeah

speaks for 7000 people he is unsure of disliking me.. dude lay off the hate boner bro

i mean if you look at the numbers its actually a really small percentage of people actually complaining about stuff like this

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Dec 2, 2013 6:21 pm)

i mean if you look at the numbers its actually a really small percentage of people actually complaining about not being able to post whatever they want in general discussion

Maine

that doesnt give you full reign to act like a baby and complain constantly...

yeah lol

Maine

my one complaint thread doesnt compare to your spastic eruption of bs complaints strewn across this whole entire website.. maybe the problem isnt my sometimes pointless posting and is really how certain people on this website are cry babies and nitpick over anything they possibly can so they can get some sort of emotional gratification because they are unhappy with their lives for what ever reason.. if you want to feel better about yourself hit a gym or hug a baby dont come on here and complain about anything and everything its pointless

Litebritedeath Land

Puke_Flytalker wrote:

my one complaint thread doesnt compare to your spastic eruption of bs complaints strewn across this whole entire website.. maybe the problem isnt my sometimes pointless posting and is really how certain people on this website are cry babies and nitpick over anything they possibly can so they can get some sort of emotional gratification because they are unhappy with their lives for what ever reason.. if you want to feel better about yourself hit a gym or hug a baby dont come on here and complain about anything and everything its pointless

youve had more threads closed in the last 4 days than ive had ever