philly

Arfink, you rule.
And so does the powerpak.
hehe. smile just saying, appreciation all around.

Milwaukee, WI

I think something should be done to make these programmable via CopyNES.  I certainly plan to make a N106 NSF CopyNES cart.

Minneapolis

If you use an NVSRAM they could be programmable via Copy Nes, it'd be pretty easy to do. Or EEPROM, perhaps?

WOW MAN!
arfink wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

To throw more water on the fire: there is no PAL version of NTRQ at the moment.

Just sayin'....

Does this mean that it won't work on a PAL nes period, or it won't be tuned correctly? I was under the assumption it could work, just not quite right. I'll have to try it with a PAL nes emulator.

The pitch and speed will be "wrong".

It's on my list of things to do. It's a long list.

smile

Scotland

There's between a 1 and 2 semitone difference between NTSC and PAL on NTRQ, it's tweakable and is workable. Having a PAL version will be grand though.

WOW MAN!

I was originally looking into having NTRQ detect what system (PAL/NTSC) you're running on and adjust things automatically.

However, this proved to be more trouble than it was worth so I'll eventually start releasing a PAL and an NTSC version. I'm probably only going to fix the pitch though. There's a trick to fixing the timing differences in code but so far I've found it unsatisfactory (especially if you're using multiple Speed Table entries to fine tweak your song speed).

WOW MAN!

Oh, when I say "eventually" - this will be in the next day or two. I've been testing/fixing a few things so a new version is overdue.

Keep your eye on the website.

Melbourne, Australia
one hundred wrote:

I have no experience of writing C and thought this may be a good starting project to get into it.

You should try programming for a computer first because it will be a lot simpler than programming for a games console.

Scotland
TmTgr wrote:
one hundred wrote:

I have no experience of writing C and thought this may be a good starting project to get into it.

You should try programming for a computer first because it will be a lot simpler than programming for a games console.

What's the difference?

Minneapolis

Actually, if you haven't learned to code yet, you might as well start at the bottom and learn machine language! smile

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
arfink wrote:

Actually, if you haven't learned to code yet, you might as well start at the bottom and learn machine language! smile

agreed.

learning lower level languages (e.g. ASM) are much harder after learning high level ones (e.g c#)
i know from experience hmm

harder, but not impossible.