Arizona

Nothing on my end yet...But if these are built to order, mine possibly might not be completed yet...and I'm fine with that.

SLC, UT

So I've finished my label. I like it, but tell me what you think! Does anyone have any experience or tips on printing these?

Here are two versions:

And here are the label only images:

› Show Spoiler

Arizona
stargazer wrote:

So I've finished my label. I like it, but tell me what you think! Does anyone have any experience or tips on printing these?

Here are two versions:

And here are the label only images:

› Show Spoiler

Nice man! I'm diggin' the second one...I'm a bit of a minimalist.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Oh very nice, like the first, reminds me of Tron a little. But both are cool.
Thanks!
As to printing, don't really know the best way. But you could try color laser printing on self-stick label stock; like the mailing labels but a uncut sheet. Also might think about a laminating film over it, if you can find a thin film.
Yogi

I like cutting them out of Vinyl.  Super clean look.

SLC, UT

Here is a more print-ready version of both. I took mine to a local print shop and an 8 1/2 by 11 of a nice semi gloss label cost me $1.90. I'll be printing this whole thing so if anyone wants one of either let me know and I'll mail you a copy. You'll have to do the cutting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2JWZb … sp=sharing

@DSC Yeah that does look way nice. But it only works for one color right?

Arizona
stargazer wrote:

Here is a more print-ready version of both. I took mine to a local print shop and an 8 1/2 by 11 of a nice semi gloss label cost me $1.90. I'll be printing this whole thing so if anyone wants one of either let me know and I'll mail you a copy. You'll have to do the cutting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2JWZb … sp=sharing

I'll snag one of them! I can't wait until I get my transferer and cart in the mail. I still haven't gotten the email saying my order has shipped...

But the NES is all set up, ready, and I have an empty NES cart!

Last edited by Limitbreak (Dec 27, 2013 11:33 pm)

SLC, UT

Here's the final product! The board isn't the actual board with pulsar on it, just one I stuck in there for reference. The label ended up being printed on cool transparent label paper, so the white is just clear. With the clear shell it actually looks pretty sweet.

Still have labels up for grabs!

stargazer wrote:

Yep.  Just cut out the letters or graphics, pull them out and cover with app tape and transfer.
Cost about a dollar a piece. If any of you want to make some, I'm up for making a few custom
if you guys want any.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

wow, those cart are looking very pretty!

thank you Yogi for the help, I'm buying this ASAP.

Pulsar is pretty nice, finally I will use it on hardware big_smile

SLC, UT

Let me know if you want a label.

If I am reading this correctly you can just buy an SNROM Flash Cart from him and he  will even pre-solder the eproms onto it then you buy his usb cart programmer and you can flash from usb say.... ntrq and just start making tunes right on the the NES? Is it really that easy?

Edit: Will the SNROM board work for pulsar as well?
Edit2: Im a dingus SXROM was listed at the needed board on the thread starting post. This is awesome there is no need for an EPROM burner anymore!

Last edited by Adil Soubki (Jan 3, 2014 8:57 am)

SLC, UT

Yes you are right. However he pre flashed pulsar for me so the programmer may not even be necessary!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Adil Soubki wrote:

If I am reading this correctly you can just buy an SNROM Flash Cart from him and he  will even pre-solder the eproms onto it then you buy his usb cart programmer and you can flash from usb say.... ntrq and just start making tunes right on the the NES? Is it really that easy?

Edit: Will the SNROM board work for pulsar as well?
Edit2: Im a dingus SXROM was listed at the needed board on the thread starting post. This is awesome there is no need for an EPROM burner anymore!

They are dedicated mapper carts, meaning you choose the mapper type when you order. This is unlike the universal flash carts like PowerPak and N8, but IMO this is a good thing. I like having a separate cart for each title (good memories swapping carts). If you want a large ROM collection playable on a NES the SD or CF based carts would be a better choice.
As INL has mentioned in other threads, the fully assembled carts are easier for him, he can fully test the cart before shipping.
The biggest PLUS for me is the Kazzo/Dumper, not so much for flashing the title ROM but for managing the saves/WRAM. It's very nice knowing if I get a nice tune going I can back it up and work on it on the PC. Sooner or later batteries die. For a long time I was reluctant to  try some of the  cart mods at Hack.It.Up.com, only because of the lack of a way to back-up the song.
For some titles like GlitchNES, Litewall or VegaPLAY, it's not about Saves but custom ROMs. Again the cart edge flashing is very nice for playing with different ROM edits. No opening and closing the cart case or pulling the EEPROM; just plug the cart in, erase and upload the new ROM. smile
Just got my second SXROM board for PR8, So Yea I'm very happy!
Yogi

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

EDIT-Multi post

Last edited by yogi (Jan 3, 2014 5:28 pm)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

EDIT-Multi post

Last edited by yogi (Jan 3, 2014 5:28 pm)