St. Charles, MO

Hey guys, I just finished a new track, it's not Chip, but I would like some CC. It's a mix between Trance and Happy Hardcore/Hands Up.

http://youtu.be/X2C3vBCq2Ks

San Francisco

Just some thoughts:

Those hats really just end up sitting in the background and end up not being interesting. half time them maybe and play with some variation. you should try dropping drums in and out to emphasize part changes and add drama to the track more. FILLS PLEAZEEE. volume mix could use some work. maybe add some other sound effects to let you know when different parts are ending and beginning.

Main criticism: there isn't a lot of tension being built from section to section but if you try some of those ideas i think it might help.

Sounds very trancey and happy hardcorey tho so i think you are on the right track. hope that helps smile

St. Charles, MO

Sweet thanks, the main reason I didnt do fills and fancy drums is because my style is kinda minimalistic.

Brunswick, GA USA

Remember that minimal doesn't mean do the same thing repeatedly, it means changing very little so that once enough small changes add up, you are surprised that they added to become a big change. It is difficult to do well and helps to have an audience to experiment with.

St. Charles, MO

By minimalistic, I didn't mean the minimal genre, I meant simple and repetitive, so in this case it does mean repetitive tongue

IL

I like it. But I'd have to say the hi-hats could get annoying to some people. It depends on how you're listening to it I guess. I'm taking it from a different angle probably because I read the posts in this thread beforehand. Did you use FL for this? What VSTs?

St. Charles, MO

I used FL Studio with Nexus for all sounds except drums. Some of the grittier sounding synths were run through Ogun to get that gritty.