Not really sure if anyone has asked this before. If so, link?
Anyways I'm having issues reading DOS formatted disks on the Amiga. I know this is a common problem and for some reason I can't find a solution.
I am running 3.1 with CrossDOS installed and from here I'm not sure what to do.

I've heard that you need to put a driver called "PC0" into that folder, but I cant find on any of the WB disks I have.
I have the driver for "CF0" but that is for compact flash.

I'm gonna get a CF adapter in the near future, but this is just how I'm trying to moving files atm.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. this is a real Amiga, I just have to run it through a capture card because its PAL.

Sweden

Here is a manual: http://cd.textfiles.com/fishandmore/Fis … DOS.manual

Thanks for the info!
It didn't help me much though ;~~~~;
Its talking about a supplied disk with the "MSDOS_FileSystem" file on it.
In my case, it was already on the work bench when i got the amiga.

Sweden

Here's another manual: http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/amiga … _Guide.pdf

Ugh, would be super useful if chapter 7 was in there XD
Just goes from 5 to 9.
Now to hunt for a wb 3.0 manual pdf!
EDIT: Found one. ftp://grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/Doc/Ap … Manual.pdf
Username: ftp
Pass:ftp

Now my issue is, even though i have added the dos drivers from the STORAGE/DOSDRIVERS into DEVS/DOSDRIVERS the icon isnt changing to PC0:

Last edited by DESUMATE (Dec 21, 2013 2:55 am)

Sweden

Oh, sorry. They cut the best part out smile

Have you put CrossDOSFileSystem in L:? Reading around, some people list it as a required step: http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/filetransfer.htm

Also, once you have the PC0 icon coming up as you insert disk, to be able to read them they need to be DD flop

Milwaukee, WI

Sit tight and I'll help you with this. I'm not at home at the moment.

Milwaukee, WI

In the meantime: what boomlinde said, you need the actual crossdos + drivers. Also once it's in the folder, double click the icon to activate it. That part is/isn't obvious. Also, Amigados 3.0? Isn't that overkill? Don't quote me, but you might run into discrepancies with various trackers/kickstarter combos under Amigados 3.0.

Welcome to the redundantly frustrating world of Amiga.

I'll have to try these suggestions when I get home.
I am using DD disk though.
Also, 3.0 came with the machine.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Dec 21, 2013 9:15 pm)

I found the CrossDOSFileSystem in L: When I click on it nothing happens, but a little bit of my chip ram gets used up.

Also it recognizes that there is a PC0 in there as seen below

Last edited by DESUMATE (Dec 22, 2013 2:26 am)

Sweden

Try opening the CLI and type "pc0:", then "dir"

boomlinde wrote:

Try opening the CLI and type "pc0:", then "dir"

Its says "Not a DOS Disk in device PC0".
I have strong suspicion that it is because the diskette isn't formatted, but when I try to format it on windows it won't let me.
So I just can't win lol

Last edited by DESUMATE (Dec 22, 2013 7:44 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I'm still not home...did you try formatting the floppy using Win XP/earlier? If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) later versions of windows will not properly format the disk in a way Crossdos will need. Furthermore, are you using DD or HD floppies?

Milwaukee, WI

Further knowledge: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=11384

TSC wrote:

I'm still not home...did you try formatting the floppy using Win XP/earlier? If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) later versions of windows will not properly format the disk in a way Crossdos will need. Furthermore, are you using DD or HD floppies?

I am using DD, egr sent them to me and he had programs on some of them so I know they'll work. He sent me a shit ton of blank ones too.
Every time i try to format them on XP this happens. Won't let me choose any formatting options.

Milwaukee, WI

Ha. I fold. Use CF, fuck floppies and never look back.