Lake Titicaca

Can anyone confirm that LGPT will run O.K on PSP3000 with HalfByteLoader?
I'm thinking of buying one second hand as the PSPGO that I am using is a little uncomfortable after a while, crab hands.

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jan 4, 2014 3:30 pm)

buy a 1000.
cheapest, easiest to mod.
/end of thread

Joliette, QC, Canada

I recommend you to get a 2000...I love the 1000 since it's more solid but 2000 and over have 64mb ram instead of 32mb ! 3000 was known to be a pain in the ass to put a cfw in it but now with stuffs like PRO-C it's really easy and you can put a permanent patch (automatically booting up the cfw when you power it on) if you are on 6.20 !

Lake Titicaca

Thanks XyNo, I'll go to check out some cheap 2000s soon
So you use a 2000 with PRO CFW 6.60 C2 and run the fast recovery every time?

Why is this preferrable to HalfByte Loader on PSP3000?

I run LGPT through HalfByteLoader on PSPgo and it seems to work perfectly. I only want to get the 2000/3000 because its a bigger screen and more comfortable to use (No need for emulators or psp games, solely for LGPT use)

Sorry for so many questions...

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jan 4, 2014 8:06 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

Thanks XyNo, I'll go to check out some cheap 2000s soon
So you use a 2000 with PRO-C?

right now I'm stuck on a go but yeah I was on a 2000 with PRO-C and m33-6 5.00 on my old one. Maybe the more reliable CFW for LGPT but it's more hard to install and obsolete if you still want to play some games on your psp !

Last edited by XyNo (Jan 4, 2014 7:38 pm)

Unsubscribe

the 2000 seems to be the sweet spot with ram, size and weight, and cost is about the same. Video out is a bonus, 3k seems to have worse battery life.

Lake Titicaca

2000 with PRO CFW 6.60 C2 and run the fast recovery every time?

Why is this preferrable to HalfByte Loader on PSP3000?

I run LGPT through HalfByteLoader on PSPgo and it seems to work perfectly. I only want to get the 2000/3000 because its a bigger screen and more comfortable to use (No need for emulators or psp games, solely for LGPT use)

Thankyou everyone

Joliette, QC, Canada

They say it on their page
"If you have firmware 6.60 or below, you might want to install a Custom Firmware rather than HBL."

Unsubscribe

Plus if you install CFW, you can more easily use tons of other related hacks, for example autoboot piggy when you turn the psp on:

http://roeurboat.wordpress.com/2009/12/ … tart-v5-5/

or:
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showth … ?tid=27582

Lake Titicaca

Thanks. PSP3000 seems almost the same as 2000. same cpu, same 64 meg ram but with a different screen, a built in mic and cant do custom firmware as easily. Think I'll go with the 2000...if the 3000 is in the pawn shop and its cheap, might still get it...think ill only use halfbyte loader anyway.
Thanks for all the info..much appreciated

STARDRAIN, CA

idk i just like the size of a psp1000 best. i wish the PSVita wasnt so lame :(i kinda wanted a badass new PSP thing to vvome out but I'm not excited anymore lol

STARDRAIN, CA

oh also, the PSP1000 has issues with really long samples. the psp 2000 and 3000 do not. theyre kinda badass in that respect. they seem to crash less for LGPT in my experience. not that LGPT really crashed that much, but they did when oi loaded loong ass samples

Unsubscribe

That is probably the ram thing. You can crash it on long samples on the desktop too if you try to load a bigger sample than you have available ram.

STARDRAIN, CA
herr_prof wrote:

That is probably the ram thing. You can crash it on long samples on the desktop too if you try to load a bigger sample than you have available ram.

never knew that. LGPT desktop has never crashed on meh
good to know tho

Lake Titicaca

Thanks for all the information.
Got the PSP3000. Loaded PRO-C2.
So easy and convenient. LGPT runs perfect.
So much more comfortable to use than PSP-GO!
Shoulder buttons are louder is the only downside.