Arizona

Since picking up an sxrom flashcart from InfiniteNesLives.com, I've jumped head first into Pulsar and love it dearly. I don't know Mr. Baldwin personally but I have a couple suggestions/observations. I'll probably add to this list as I get more involved with the program.

Wishlist:

- Ability to name instruments like in LSDJ.
- Live mode
- Ability to save song files. Would these carts allow this feature?
- Drumkit ROM patcher

Bugs(?):

- Issues with the triangle channel playing when using samples. Sometimes the triangle channel will mute entirely or only play one or two notes when playing a beat with samples.

Last edited by Limitbreak (Jan 22, 2014 3:08 pm)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Hey Limitbreak.
Are you talking about the the cart saving your song data?  It's battery backed so if you are losing your songs check your battery. It may help to hold the reset button while you shutdown, thats supposed to help avoid ram losses.
You know you can have more then one song on the cart. You can also dump and upload from the cart's ram with the Kazzo. You just can't dump only one out of 2 songs, it's the whole wram contents. Can't remember the total number of songs on the cart. Think it's 8 but will have to check.
But yea. Neil's the Man! Pulsar rocks!
Yogi

Last edited by yogi (Jan 20, 2014 6:33 am)

Arizona

My battery is saving just fine but I'd love to see an actual file saving system. As far as I know/understand from reading the manual, the eight songs share the same instrument and phrase/chain data? I'd like to start fresh with every song. Granted, I havent experimented with other songs yet as I'm just currently working on one at the moment.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

OK, yea the Kazzo will dump the whole lump so you could work on only one song on the cart and save to your PC. But not sure how to put together a set from different saves for a show.
Yogi

Arizona

It'd be nice to have a file saving system like LSDJ. I like making large instrument templates and saving the songs as needed. It really helps streamline my music making.

Arizona

Bump for live mode.

Unsubscribe

The whole song structure thing is why i totally recommend a powerpak for this. You can have infinite roms each with their own song data.

Arizona
herr_prof wrote:

The whole song structure thing is why i totally recommend a powerpak for this. You can have infinite roms each with their own song data.

That is something I honestly didn't think about. The $20 price tag on the INL cart was tempting so I jumped on it.

Unsubscribe

Well you could also buy 8 of those carts for the same price big_smile

An LSDJ Sync mode that works similar to heavyw8bit's posts for famislayer would be awesome.

Arizona
Adil Soubki wrote:

An LSDJ Sync mode that works similar to heavyw8bit's posts for famislayer would be awesome.

I'd personally love to see a Pulsar to Pulsar sync somehow with a live mode on a dual NES setup.

Limitbreak wrote:
Adil Soubki wrote:

I'd personally love to see a Pulsar to Pulsar sync somehow with a live mode on a dual NES setup.

10 channels of NES would be amazing too!

Arizona

Updated list to include ROM patcher for drumkits since the NES is capable of very clean, punchy samples in my opinion...at least in comparison to the Gameboy's abilities.

A man can dream.

Unsubscribe

NTRQ has a patcher fwiw.

SLC, UT

Essentially all of lsdj's syncing capabilities. Like has been mentioned, famislayer, nes to nes, midi in/out, and what the heck how about keyboard sync.

Neil Bladwin has been pretty active here in the past, I wonder if someone can ping him this thread?

Milwaukee, WI

Really the only two things I'd want are

A. switch the select and B buttons (to more closely mimic LSDJ)
B. do away with the transport screen in favor of a screen map ala LSDJ

Unfortunately, from my correspondence with Neil I don't think either are an easy fix.