Turku, FIN

My ABoy has been acting weird for some time now, i wonder if anyone could help me out troubleshooting.

It's very randomly shutting down and starting up again. Blinks all the lights on start up (i believe this is normal?).
Also i have sometimes hard time to get it to change mode.

It looks like this one http://www.gilberti-industries.com/for-sale/

Anyone has any ideas what could be causing this?

EDIT: It's for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

EDIT 02: I also have a GBA->TV adapter that i can't get to work. It does not power up. I've installed it few times and can never get the power on to it. It has american powersupply which i'm using with adapter. I know that the adapter works since i've used it with other things.

If anyone is interested on that, i can sell it too.

Last edited by KeFF (Jan 22, 2014 10:57 am)

Michigan

Stress on the cable could cause for the wires over time to be broken or frayed. This could cause them to bridge connections nearby or even disconnect completely. Granted your ARboy worked originally, I would check the cable first, then check the seating of your Atmel (if it is socketed) and then check the underside of the board for any cold solder joints on your through-hole components.

clovis CA

there was an issue with the microcontroller comming up from the socket. i remember he was going to fix this problem if you sent it into him. it could be the reset pin is losing contact to the pull up resistor.

to fix this press the IC deeper into the socket. make sure you press straight down, or you can bend them.

Last edited by Alley Beach (Jan 20, 2014 11:00 pm)

Turku, FIN

I think it's the cable. When i'm bending it even lightly on one point, it cuts the connection.

So, now i just have to find a new cable and solder it in.

Turku, FIN

Argh this is too much trouble for me now. I tried to change the cable but no bonus.
If anyone wants to buy this or trade it to something let me know.

Turku, FIN

GBA-TV thing added too.

Admins, should this be in the for sale genre now?

Matthew Joseph Payne

KeFF ughhhh I wish I could just drive over to your house and fix it for you! I guess it's just a matter of time with those cables.

Turku, FIN

Yup, and that i don't have!

sweden
KeFF wrote:

EDIT 02: I also have a GBA->TV adapter that i can't get to work. It does not power up. I've installed it few times and can never get the power on to it. It has american powersupply which i'm using with adapter. I know that the adapter works since i've used it with other things.

If anyone is interested on that, i can sell it too.

The GBA or the adapter or both?

Turku, FIN

I'd rather give away just the adapter..

sweden

I meant which part doesn't power up? Already have a TV-adapter, so I'm sorted on that front.

Turku, FIN

oh, the adapter does not get the power.

edt: GBA works just fine without the adapter.

Last edited by KeFF (Jan 23, 2014 9:30 am)