"stitch is a 4 channel 1-bit music tracker for the Apple II."
http://krue.net/stitch/

I haven't messed with it yet.  Maybe if I have time this week, or when my CFFA3000 gets here next week.

Minneapolis

Wow, that looks like fun. I may have to dust off my IIgs and give it a poke.

pun?

if you give it a go share thoughts, and maybe a sample track.  I am no good with trackers, but i really need to learn since they are available for so many of the stuff I want to use for music.

Minneapolis

Well, I'm no composer, but I'll try it out this weekend. I've only ever written a track once before, just some scrappy bits in NoiseTracker 1.0 for IIgs.

Minneapolis

OK, so first thing I gotta do is dust off ADT-Pro. I wonder where I left my serial cable.

I don't think I have a serial cable anymore, but I have been using audio cables.  I still haven't had time to do more than look at my //e rig in the other room.  I have a few projects I am trying to finish up over the next few days, so I might not get to play with stitch until next weekend.  Most of the music I do isn't quite what most people mean by that word.  Some interesting sounds are good enough for me.  If I manage to get that out of it I will be happy for now, and it will be a start for me.

How do you have your GS set up?

Minneapolis

I have the usual 1mb of ram, dual 3.5" drives and dual 5.25" drives, keyboard and mouse. RGB monitor. Nothing fancy. I used to have a Microdrive IDE and 4mb RAM card, but never really used them that much. So I traded 'em off. I also have a copy of Proterm and a Lantronix MSS-VIA which I can use to bridge to Ethernet and get on the internet via Telnet. I actually successfully used that for real work when I was in college and wanted to be hardcore. wink

Nomad's Land

I've quickly tested the tracker, and can confirm that it's awesome smile
It still has a few issues (doesn't work on original Apple ][ and ][+ yet, detuning in higher octaves), but I suspect those will be ironed out in the near future. Other than that, it's got a very slick and minimalistic interface and is a pleasure to work with.

Btw devthread is here.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Feb 20, 2014 11:24 am)