New York, New York

@yoyz2k: I collected GCW ZERO at the beginning (pre-Kickstarter). I still own working ones. I can help and I will do whatever you say if you are making a Game Boy style sequencer for GCW ZERO. I can live with PSP-style features.

france

Ok, so I have build a version with the last toolchain from here : http://www.gcw-zero.com/develop
I've used my opendingux build without modification, I have just changed the compiler.
We will see if it works wink

Just put the zip on your memory card, and unzip the file.
Launch the file "PatternPlayer.gcw" from your memory card, it may work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yi8rfckflf41f … 0.zip?dl=0

Johann

france

@esopus-dragon : do you had time to check it ?
I have a virtual gcw zero, but unfortunately the graphical part are broken and every graphic binary segfault....
I can only see it resolve symbol with ldd...

sweden

Noob here. Can't figure out how to make the psp build. Downloaded the psdev tools but and read the instructions but still can't wrap my head around it. Eager to give this a try.

france

There is already a build done, just create the directory PSP/GAMEP/picoloop.
Then unzip the last zip file from this thread in it and it will work.

But if you want to build a new psp binary here is what need to be check in this order :
1) you are able to compile an helloworld => EBOOT.BPB
2) you are able to compile an SDL helloworld => EBOOT.BPB
3) picoloop should build in this environment because you will use the same SDL and the same compiler, but I may have missed something.

First we will check your psp-g++ compiler.

You should have a working pspdev, and we need to validate it.
$ cd /tmp/
$ git clone https://github.com/yoyz/psp
$ cd /tmp/psp/starter
$ ls *
main.cpp  Makefile  psp_callback.cpp  psp_callback.h

Now you have to source your environment variable to see the psp compiler.
In my case I have to launch this command ( I source a file which contain this variable ).
$ export PSPDEV=/home/yoyz/local/pspdev
$ export PATH=$PATH:$PSPDEV/bin
$ which psp-g++
/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/bin/psp-g++

Now you should be able to compile.

$ make
psp-g++ -I. -I/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -O2 -I. -I/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=500   -c -o psp_callback.o psp_callback.cpp
psp-g++ -I. -I/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -O2 -I. -I/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=500   -c -o main.o main.cpp
psp-gcc -I. -I/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -O2 -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=500  -L. -L/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -specs=/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxspecs -Wl,-q,-T/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/linkfile.prx   psp_callback.o main.o /home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxexports.o -lGLU -lGL  -ljpeg -lstdc++ -lm -lc -lpspvfpu -L/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -lm -lGL -lpspvfpu -L/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -L/home/yoyz/local/pspdev/psp -lpspdebug -lpspgu -lpspctrl -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpsphprm -lpspsdk -lpsprtc -lpspaudio -lpsputility -lpspnet_inet -lpspirkeyb -lpsppower -lc -lpspuser -lSDL_ttf -lfreetype -lm -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o hello_world.elf
psp-fixup-imports hello_world.elf
psp-prxgen hello_world.elf hello_world.prx
mksfo 'Hello_World' PARAM.SFO
pack-pbp EBOOT.PBP PARAM.SFO NULL  \
        NULL NULL NULL  \
        NULL  hello_world.prx NULL
[0]        408 bytes | PARAM.SFO
[1]          0 bytes | NULL
[2]          0 bytes | NULL
[3]          0 bytes | NULL
[4]          0 bytes | NULL
[5]          0 bytes | NULL
[6]      91290 bytes | hello_world.prx
[7]          0 bytes | NULL

If this is okay then your toolchain is able to compile a EBOOT.BPB file.
Tell me if it is okay and we will add some SDL stuff in the helloworld.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Aug 4, 2015 10:56 pm)

sweden

Thanks!

West Yorks, UK

just got a psp to continue playing with picoloop.
I havent even tried any of the new synths yet, was still using an early version!

france

I'm on hollyday in the south of France and I can't send you the last one which add FM to picodrum.
And this is really a fun add on, it give the same kind of sound of the korg electribe er-1.
But the last build is okay iirc, have fun Domu smile

West Yorks, UK

man, the ER-1 is one of my favourite pieces of gear. I dont own one unfortunately but Ive got the Ipad app, which is great (especially with midi control).

I will enjoy playing with the previous version until you get back from your holiday (have a good time) !

Cheers!

france

Hi Domu,

here it is, I was pretty busy and I'm still busy, but I'd like to provide a new version with the LFO and PitchBench on picodrum which try to sound like an ER-1, it's not exactly a korg ER-1 but you can make pretty similar sound.
Seem to be stable, so backup the last one and if you had crash just tell me.
This release is only for the PSP version, and it is the tagged version 0.65.

For PBSynth :
you have to modify the EnvAmount and the T/N parameter of the PBSynth to make it sound good.
T/N is the trigger time of the NoteOn and it is in the ENV section, X is the amp, Y is the Trigger time.
ENVDepth is the amount of the filter ADSR enveloppe sent to the VCF, this parameter is located in the VCO section.

For Picodrum :
There is now two LFO, The first one is a FM one which modulate the second oscillator with the first one.
The second one is a kind of PitchBend but not limited to -2 +2, it can go from -88 to +88.
The Two LFO can be used together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x048ex1maxyck … 7.zip?dl=0

Enjoy,

Johann

Last edited by yoyz2k (Sep 27, 2015 2:25 pm)

Lake Titicaca

I tried out picoloop on the psp.
Looks great, do you have a demo song I could load up and take a look at?

france

Sure, i will post one and put the the link here this weekend.

Just found out about this program yesterday. Have been waiting for a nanoloop-style composer which can be used with desktop computers and with PSP and this one works fine with both, although there is a slight problem with PSP when in pattern/song screen. Some of the text is behind the song patterns and the picture is aligned to the left side of the screen in every modes.

Really hoping that this program keeps evolving, it's really good already and lots of potential!

france

A big thanks to you zoikkis !

In the last six month I had only time to work on it for the last month. I continue the developpement because I want to plug it to my gears : Elektron stuff, volca and nanoloop gba sp.
And yes, I will continue the dev and submit "release" here when things work.
The graphic bug you see is still the same on my dev box, i have not made the fix yet... Because I use the apps on Linux and Windows and it run with 640x480 instead of 320x240 ( a really stupid bug ).

The last release you use was well tested, and I had no crash on it, and no big bug. So keep it because for me it is the "stable" release. And sorry for this negative feel on the graphic...

Things that you can not test today ( yes teaser ) is a basic midi implementation. And full midi in, midi out is my goal today, with support for 16,32,64,128 step per track to have the possibily to make bigger track.
There is now a real drum synth which is powered by the MDA. It sound really good.

At the end this project will have the look and feel of an Elektron gears on a PC ( with midi knob and button ). It will keep the nanoloop look and feel and shortcut but with midi knob smile
It is my current goal with this project now.
I will keep psp, and try android too.

I will redo a big thanks to you, this kind of message is really important for me smile

france

Double post

Last edited by yoyz2k (Feb 17, 2016 8:49 pm)

Melbourne
yoyz2k wrote:

I want to plug it to my gears : Elektron stuff, volca and nanoloop gba sp.

At the end this project will have the look and feel of an Elektron gears on a PC ( with midi knob and button ). It will keep the nanoloop look and feel and shortcut but with midi knob smile

I am very interested! I love Elektron gear and nanoloop big_smile