Arad, Romania

My music is not exactly chiptune. It's more like fakebit mixed with other genres. Basically I make whatever I am inspired to make in the moment.

I do however plan to use real hardware in order to create sounds but my music will always be more experimental than chiptune because that's really the only kind of music that is as good as or better than chiptune in my opinion. I might actually learn how to use trackers at some point if I have enough free time and I'll make some pure chip albums. If not, I'll probably make some hardware only albums at some point but in a DAW.

To answer the question, no, I don't think I'll ever stop using chiptune sounds or chiptune-like sounds in my music. I think that experimental electronic music is the best music there is since you have so many possibilities in terms of creating sounds and I've always been fascinated about sounds. I'm also very open to new genres of music so it is unlikely that I will favor one or a few genres over all of the other ones. I think that's a narrow minded thing to do. It's more likely that I will include more genres of music in my work and never really remove already existing ones.

Chicago IL

I've been doing this 10 years, I've seen a lot of people come and go. Pretty sure I'm in for good at this point.

IL, US
Saskrotch wrote:

I've been doing this 10 years, I've seen a lot of people come and go. Pretty sure I'm in for good at this point.

just make trap, you know you want to

As long as i'm the only one who takes it seriously around germany and all the other dudes are active like freaking turtles in the wintertime, it's not gonna happen.

So fck u and ur question.

Taichung, Taiwan

http://techgeek.com.au/2014/04/01/faceb … lion-move/

I'm out.

Playboy Man-Baby

Standard answer at this point: Not likely. I've only made chipmusic exponentially more and more since I began like 7 years ago, and I'm forever finding new genre ideas and stuff to mess around in musically via chiptune. I'm kinda in it for the long haul.

IL, US
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Standard answer at this point: Not likely. I've only made chipmusic exponentially more and more since I began like 7 years ago, and I'm forever finding new genre ideas and stuff to mess around in musically via chiptune. I'm kinda in it for the long haul.

get back to me in 4-5 years wink
(just saying that was roughly how far in i was that i got a DMG tattoo on my right forearm)

Last edited by e.s.c. (Apr 1, 2014 10:28 pm)

Tulsa, OK

did i ever start?

Playboy Man-Baby
e.s.c. wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

get back to me in 4-5 years wink
(just saying that was roughly how far in i was that i got a DMG tattoo on my right forearm)

Can't say I have any plans for LSDJ chain screen tattoos. Or any tattoos.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Apr 1, 2014 11:06 pm)

IL, US

lol, the point was that youll never know how serious you will be about a thing in a few years from now

Last edited by e.s.c. (Apr 1, 2014 11:13 pm)

IL, US

especially something as nebulous as "chiptune", whatever that means now (or really ever did, most of the chip i listened to in the 90s was just awesome shit done on amiga without a label to it)

Playboy Man-Baby
e.s.c. wrote:

especially something as nebulous as "chiptune", whatever that means now (or really ever did, most of the chip i listened to in the 90s was just awesome shit done on amiga without a label to it)

Was a joke.

I dunno, I'm just inclined to think things will look favorably on it due to the fact that I've actually become more interested in it over time by comparison. When I first started, I should have been way more interested in chipmusic than I actually was as someone who was starting to make it.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Apr 1, 2014 11:23 pm)

Gosford, Australia

this thread is really fucking sobering to think about given that i just spent four nights partying hard with chip music people from all over the world

i think as long as there are people who are passionate about it out there i'll have a reason to keep the fire burning, even if i'm stuck behind a desk or whatever. i dunno!

IL, US

just saying, those limitations... chip gear is what it is... honestly thought about 5-6 years ago we'd see a shift toward mixing chip with other gear after a few acts got a little bigger, but scene is more homogenous than ever.. too much 4/4 EDM/house/happy hardcore been done with this gear already, and i wasnt big on it even when it was new... and if you use it heavily, you get labeled as chip, which then leads peopls to expect 4/4 edm dance nonsense (at least my experience in the midwest, i get told by chip gigs im not chip, and by other gigs that im too chip)

Last edited by e.s.c. (Apr 1, 2014 11:30 pm)

Gosford, Australia
e.s.c. wrote:

honestly thought about 5-6 years ago we'd see a shift toward mixing chip with other gear after a few acts got a little bigger, but scene is more homogenous than ever

in that respect i think you really would've liked square sounds (last year too), unless you have something particularly against 4/4 as a time signature tongue

IL, US

maybe, i just expected more from this scene as a whole.. sorry, youve collectively let me down (not that you give a fuck wink ).. had a few conversations with other guys about this, and im not alone on thinking things were going to go a different direction back then.. shit really did seem like it was about to become something truly amazing for a bit back in 2006-2009, but then most new acts just followed lsdj tutorials online and made what could essentially all be one giant mix track