Boise, ID
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

You can buy me tacos, im programable and I sing like a mockingbird.

I think I like this idea best

Boise, ID

I'll probably be going with an Electribe, either the ES-1 or the EA-mkii. Any advice on synchronizing either of these with lsdj? Am I going to need an Arduinoboy as well? I don't know much about midi...

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Apr 10, 2014 12:57 am)

Columbus, Indiana
ShintarouMusic wrote:

I'll probably be going with an Electribe, either the ES-1 or the EA-mkii. Any advice on synchronizing either of these with lsdj? Am I going to need an Arduinoboy as well? I don't know much about midi...

Not an expert, but I am 95% sure you'd need an arduinoboy. Why not try a used monotribe, or even better a volca of your preference. With the mono/volca you could use panning to make a click track. With the Volca you could eventually use an aboy so you could use both sides.

A great thing about going mono is you can then use cheap guitar pedals and not worry about the lost stereo.

Forgot about the spritemods GBA midi chord.

As always IMHO and YMMV.

Last edited by meanwun (Apr 10, 2014 1:18 am)

Boise, ID

I went ahead and bought the EA-mkii... .-. I'm not looking to directly control anything through midi, I just need a beat match between the two. I've read that using a gameboy, the tempo in lsdj naturally is off by a little bit, so I'm guessing I couldn't simply beat match them manually, like I do when I go 2xlsdj.

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Apr 10, 2014 1:52 am)

sweden
herr_prof wrote:

midivamp 2 is a different product than vamp1, and is in stock apparently.

I was however able to add midivamp 2 to my cart yesterday via the vamp 2 link. Strange.

Edit: Must have been my cache, since I've been on the site many times before.

Last edited by nordloef (Apr 10, 2014 6:22 am)

Boise, ID

I'm bumping this to ask again for advice on what to do to get a beat-sync between lsdj and the Electribe machines. Thanks!

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've used Arduinoboy with a variety of Electribe models as either master or slave. Get an arduinoboy and you'll be set.

Gosford, Australia
Lazerbeat wrote:

Get a casio CZ 101. Awesome, battery powered keytar synth with midi. Phase Distortion synthesis is really pretty poweful and hip deep in bad ass.

I am honestly amazed that i dont think ive ever seen one at a chip show ever.

i would use mine but it's totally dead! sad

like, it's even in my avatar n stuff. whoa!

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 14, 2014 5:52 am)