Memphis, TN

I used the search, and didn't find anything relevant to this, so guide me to it if I'm just blind.

In any case, I am thoroughly sick of the current headphones I have; primarily due to them being wireless and having lots of syncing problems, (Got em for Christmas, so y'know?).

So I was wondering if anyone here could help me find quality headphones that would allow me to make music unhindered without breaking my very shallow wallet.

All help's appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

Minneapolis, MN

I use Skullcandy pinstripe, BUT those are no longer being sold, so i would recommend getting a cheaper pair. They'll run you $20-$40.

In essence, you want to find a headphone that doesn't bias any frequencies too much. A good example of a bad headphone for making music would be Beats by Dre because they're designed to boost bass a toooon.

I've had my Sony MDR-V6's for something like 3 or 4 years now. They've held up very well and are fairly balanced when it comes to mixing stuff. I don't know what your budget is, but for $60 I'd say they're pretty good.

I think Grado make pretty good headphones for that kind of thing, too, but if I remember right they were a little more pricey than the Sonys. I might be a little biased, though. I've had good experience with Sony headphones for a long time. sad my last pair definitely had a few more years left if my cat hadn't chewed the wire!

Arizona

I can vouch for grado headphones. They are a little pricey but if you look around you can get a used pair for pretty cheap. I've had my sr80 (bought them used) for a couple years. It really depends on what you are looking for though. Grado headphones are open, meaning that they don't seal on your ears like most over ear headphones. They lack any isolation so they leak sound but it gives them a more open soundstage. Some people find them uncomfortable but I don't think they're terrible.

vmoda m80s or m100s, you cant imagine

I've used Sennheiser HD 280 pro for years and have never been dissatisfied.  In fact, I sometimes monitor with them exclusively because of how incredibly unbiased (yet articulate) they are.  The price may have gone down since I bought them 4+ years ago, but I got them new for $100 and they have been worth every penny and then some.

Memphis, TN

Thanks for all of your recommendations guys! I think that Sony MDR-V6 is going to be the best for what I need to spend.

Thanks again guys!

beats are p good they include dubstep sounds built in it

Boston

and Dr Dre wipes a little of his butt sweat on every pair

Adelaide, Australia

+1 on the Sony MDR-V6s - Great headphones without the silly price tag. big_smile

Tacoma WA
SpookGoblin wrote:

I've used Sennheiser HD 280 pro for years and have never been dissatisfied.  In fact, I sometimes monitor with them exclusively because of how incredibly unbiased (yet articulate) they are.  The price may have gone down since I bought them 4+ years ago, but I got them new for $100 and they have been worth every penny and then some.

i've been rocking a pair of HD280s for over 10 years now and still love them.

monoprice has a pretty cheap pair of cans that got great reviews on tapeop.  i haven't tried them but for the price it'd be worth checking out
http://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/91/dj-st … item-8323/

South Jersey, USA

Koss Porta-Pros

Riverside, CA
SJSFC wrote:

Koss Porta-Pros

This.

-15Hz-25kHz frequency range
-portable af, perfect for chiptunan' on the bus
-no-questions-asked lifetime warranty
-on sale pretty often for $25