Port Huron, MI

I would love your feedback, even if its harsh, ive been on lsdj since jan of this year, forgive me in advance i did post this on 8bc, i wasnt sure if it would count since its for a release, if i did cross post then i apologize,

download/preview
http://rebornnsf.bandcamp.com/album/connect

thanks guys, i look forward to hearing from you, and appreciate it

-reborn.nsf

Nomad's Land

ok, here's what i think: considering for you having worked with lsdj only for a couple of months, this is pretty impressive work. also some of the melodies are pretty impressive, especially on "The Memory's We Made" (that's aweful grammar though, my friend) and "Lost" (my favourite track of the album).

on the downside, you see there's already a lot of music like this (ie fast happy blippy lsdj pop) already out there on the web and people are getting bored with it. if you want to continue in this style, you basically need to become... really good. so generally you want to be more unique, i guess. for example, you could go for more conceptional beats (like on "Lost") but there's also some things you can improve on the technical side of things.

Let's take "Freedom", for example. Song progression is ok and the melody is beautiful, but does it really carry on a beat like this? Also, try polishing the sounds a bit more, eg put more variation. ah yeah and don't ever use the BRK sample unless you want to make fun of it (and you'll have to try very hard for that considering some previous works by the tin foil hat brigade wink)
worst track is "LittleSound DanceFloor#1" i think. i think you kinda put it as a filler... don't do that man. only release tracks that you are 100% convinced of (or at least 99% big_smile)

well anyway thanks for sharing this, don't be depressed because of my critique & keep up teh bit spirit!

edit: damn, i'm complaining about other people's grammar and can't get it right myself

Last edited by irrlichtproject (May 12, 2010 7:59 pm)

Port Huron, MI

hey bro, i really appreciate the honesty, without it i cannot grow, ive been told i have too much the the "fast happy blippy lsdj pop" before, only in different words haha, i may sound stupid but could you perhaps give me some examples? ive been a listener of chipmusic for a while now, and for whatever reason "fast happy blippy pop" isnt clicking in my brain, i just cant really associate it with many artist or songs ive heard. perhaps you could pm me some artist that in your opinion i should study on, not copy. or perhaps people that have that "pop" feel to them like me, i wouldnt want to offend anyone by posting them publicy, also forgive my grammer, im extremely dyslexic, i almost always check my sentences word for word on google for mistakes haha, but some still slip through sometimes,

thank you very much.

-reborn

Nashville, Tennessee

fast blippy lsdj = fighter x. hands down. they're just the best at it. or anyone on 8bc could be considered fast happy blippy lsdj pop.

Port Huron, MI

ahh i see, thanks bro

Minneapolis

You're taking this very well reborn, and for that you need to be commended!

Keep working hard, I'm sure you'll continue to get better and better.