I like to poke around the HVSC once in a while, but a lot of the time I find myself sifting through bad game soundtracks or really boring shit. I feel like I'm missing the good stuff! Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions to check out. Maybe some kind of diamond in the rough.

Here's a few I'd suggest I guess, pretty obvious picks for the most part:

Drax
goto80
Linus
PRI
Laxity
Jammer
Glenn Gallefoss

Milwaukee, WI

Nothing to add, but these sort of threads always turn out great.  Looking forward to some good listening! smile

England

Eddie svard
Raveguru
Me
Conrad (this music disk is amazing: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id= … tes#notes)

and if you want good old game soundtracks

martin galway
jeroen tel
tim follin

Last edited by Jellica (Apr 12, 2014 7:03 am)

ATOO
Blues_Muz/Kjell_Nordboe
David Dunn
Deadman
Tony Gibson
Fred Gray
Kribust
MC
Prosonix/Ole Marius Pettersen
SounDemoN
Steve Turner
Michael Winterberg
Zyron

the Games folder has some hidden gems.

Last edited by 4mat (Apr 12, 2014 12:10 pm)

Arad, Romania

Basically all of the ones listed in the first and third post and some of the ones 4mat mentioned (I also like 4mat's SIDs) I don't really have favorite SID composers but more like favorite SID tracks.

chantal goret
dino
linde

Oooh just remembered some others I forgot to mention!

Cadaver
Hein Holt
Alex Mauer (he used to have stuff under 'akuma pan' but i think they put those tracks under Alex Mauer now.)
Arman Behdad (also known as Intensity. had a few tracks on 8bc. very talented dude, RIP.)
Abbadon

Thanks for the other suggestions, everyone. Keep em comin'!

Joliette, QC, Canada

A lot of my favorite was already told by you guys but I'm really surprised these name didn't appeared yet !
Jeff (Soren Lund)
Randall
Wiklund
Zabutom

UK

Reed
Aleksi Eeben

Nomad's Land
Jellica wrote:

Conrad (this music disk is amazing: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id= … tes#notes)

Very unique stuff, thanks Jellica. Overall it was a bit too sugary for me, but I spend like half an hour listening the last track on loop wink

Brunswick, GA USA

Are Hubbard and Galway not listed yet because they're obvious?

My all-times are Wally Beben's Tetris and Follin's Gauntlet III.

Last edited by chunter (Apr 13, 2014 5:58 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
chunter wrote:

Surely ! wink Same for Ben Daglish ! tongue

chunter wrote:

I'd say so. I started this because looking for some suggestions every "top 10 .sid songs" thing was dominated by Hubbard, Galway, and all the other great game composers from the C64 days. I don't think any of them mentioned anything but game soundtracks.

Madison, Alabama

Drax! 

"Swamp Poo" is one of my favorite C64 funk jams.

Psydney, Australia

??? has some pretty good stuff but I doubt he's on HVSC with a name like that smile

iLKke wrote:

??? has some pretty good stuff but I doubt he's on HVSC with a name like that smile

I do remember him having some cool c64 stuff, but no I don't see anything in the HVSC. Is all his c64 stuff posted anywhere? I miss that guy he made some really sick stuff.