Hey, i'm new here and i'm equally as new to lsdj. I just have a quick question regarding the song screen. Basically i have started writing my song and i have used up all the space in my first row of chains on the song screen. If i'm right don't i just drop down to the second row and start adding phrases there? Only thing i found is if i do that it doesn't seem to actually play them. For example if i have all four collums used on the top row and drop down underneath to add the drum pattern again(on its own) on the wav collum it doesnt play it, it just loops the the top row. What is it i am doing wrong?

hi there. have you read the manuall yet? its very helpfull..... here is a link

http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest … _4_6_6.pdf

after you have had a read of it come back if your still stuck

good luck

Unsubscribe

Is there any space between rows? It won't play anything unless they are in consecutive rows.

Don't really understand what you're saying, but it sounds like it's on Live mode.
Song mode is much easier to start with.
If your navigation screen looks like
P
S C P I T
G
You're in the clear and I'm wrong. S indicates song mode.

If it looks like
P
L C P I T
G
I'm guessing right and you're in Live mode. If so, go to song screen, hold select and press left. this will change live mode to song mode. Pressing Select+Left again will change it back.

Also, most composers don't fill the chains. They only use around 4 phrases per chain, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwSr7KFcPM) depending on the song.

Last edited by Jotie (Apr 14, 2014 9:58 pm)

Gosford, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

Is there any space between rows? It won't play anything unless they are in consecutive rows.

this

i'm not sure if having a chain that starts with a phrase on a row that isn't the very top of the chain does anything, but that might be something to consider too

also hi! welcome to cm.o smile

There isn't a space between rows and i do have it on Song mode. I know its something silly i'm missing, one thing i find is that if i have my top row full(all collums) If i just want drums on the second row down on its own i cant, It will play the previous row whilst drums on row two are playing.When you say most composers dont fill all the chains with phases, why is this? what benefit does it have?

Unsubscribe

If you put a chain but it has no phrases it will just loop back to the beginning, did you put any phrases in the second row of chains?

haha, no i did not.

Unsubscribe

Booya.

Gosford, Australia
8-bitheroes wrote:

When you say most composers dont fill all the chains with phases, why is this? what benefit does it have?

i think it's for live mode mainly, it means you don't have to commit to 16 bars every time you switch to a new pattern. makes things more flexible when rearranging chains in the song window too.

but i know a bunch of people who fill out all the phrases in every chain. i guess it depends on how you like to work!

Thanks for clearing that up! I might try that too.

Dallas, Texas
8-bitheroes wrote:

one thing i find is that if i have my top row full(all collums) If i just want drums on the second row down on its own i cant, It will play the previous row whilst drums on row two are playing.

If you make a chain filled with empty data and place it there you can silence the audio and make the colomn advance with the rest of the channels. I usually put a K command at the top and nothing else for 4 phrases (or however long you make your chains).  To make it easy on myself I dedicate chain 00 and phrase 00 for this. So I can easily remember what chain will turn off the channel for that measure.