Puerto Rico

Release thread

Since we heart the open source NDS app nitrotracker and would love to see some development done on it, particularly in the vein of crucial features such as effects, we put together a compilation in order to get people to contribute to the project in whichever way they can. (Not a programmer myself, so it's the most I can do)

----------

Submit songs to me via a private soundcloud link or at my email. (.wav or .xm, please. Preferrably both, but I can render your .xm myself if I have to.)

The album will be released as a compilation album on the deadblip records bandcamp, with each song credited to their respective artist (to keep it simple, make sure your track is licensed creative commons. If unspecified, we'll simply assign a by-nc-sa license to it.

The deadline is July 5th! That'll give me enough time to finish the artwork, and once I receive all the tracks, normalize their volume, put them in order and set up the download package, with .xm files and additional artwork if you guys want to contribute any. Thinking a late july release date. (Maybe we can have a livestream party?)

Links:
http://code.google.com/p/nitrotracker/
http://modarchive.org/forums/index.php?board=79.0
http://nitrotracker.tobw.net

Original post:
----------
No one developing for it? No updates past 0.4?
----------

Last edited by Xuriik (Jul 20, 2014 10:22 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

It is open source. AKA: Developer no longer interested in it.

You will have to wait and there should appear some forks, ports, new version, etc.
Or maybe it will die, who knows?

Last edited by Delek (May 23, 2014 7:01 pm)

Baja California

I recently got into composing with nitrotracker (to get used to a fasttracker interface). It's a shame that no one is interested in it, because it could be a powerful tool for composing hmm

Joliette, QC, Canada
lvlzero wrote:

I recently got into composing with nitrotracker (to get used to a fasttracker interface). It's a shame that no one is interested in it, because it could be a powerful tool for composing hmm

Don't speak too fast Oxygenfad inly use Nitrotracker in his livesets !!!

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 10:43 pm)

Puerto Rico

Aha, I just wanted to check if it had gotten any coding love after being opensourced. It's been a while.

Maybe a compilation to draw attention to it again?

UK, Leicester
godinpants wrote:

...it lacks a lot of command functionality.

This is the reason that myself, and probably a lot of people don't compose on it. It's great for getting an idea down quickly, but if I want to do anything with commands, I have to transfer the .xm to my PC, and do the rest in MPT.

Xuriik wrote:

Aha, I just wanted to check if it had gotten any coding love after being opensourced. It's been a while.

Maybe a compilation to draw attention to it again?

I'd be down for a nitrotracker compilation

Last edited by Alpine (May 24, 2014 11:15 am)

Baja California

I hoped that some one could mork on adding the commands since it is a must (also, a waveform generator similas to milkytracker would be neat). But I also got used to work without commands so it's nice working with that limitation.

btw, would look forward to a nitrotracker compilation.

Puerto Rico

Let's do it then!

I could put it together as a zip and release it that way, or put it up on my bandcamp page; unless one of the netlabels wants to release it for us, which would be best for exposure.

It'd be a free download, but with a link to the nitrotracker page encouraging listeners to donate to that?

Just comment here if you're interested, and if you have any suggestions, such as limiting the number of channels, or sticking to a particular sample pack. I'll set a deadline when we get enough musicians on board.

Joliette, QC, Canada
godinpants wrote:

I tried to play some gigs with it at one point but it lacks a lot of command functionality.
If you're looking for mod playback though - http://adshomebrewersdiary.blogspot.co. … -wale.html

Thanks to you this one exist ! I used it once at a Fest in Quebec city 1 or 2 years ago !!! smile

South UK

I played with this a few years back when I was deep learning about the DS homebrew scene. I'll try and bang a track out, some nice features in 0.4 that weren't there when I last toed with it, so I may have to try and knock something together!

UK, Leicester

I've finished my track, do we just send completed tracks in to you Xuriik?

Puerto Rico

Yes, via a private soundcloud link or at my email.

The haps is that I want to give it at least one more week to get more musicians, so spread the word if you love nitrotracker!

The album will be released as a compilation album on bandcamp, with each song credited to their respective artist (to keep it simple, make sure your track is licensed creative commons. If unspecified, we'll simply assign a by-nc-sa license to it.

My track just needs a few more tweaks, and Alpine is done as well (You can submit two tracks, if you want), but think about the deadline being about a month from now. I'll PM everyone once I set that in stone, and then I'll pm again one week before the deadline.

I'm interested when i get my Ace3DS cart in.
it should only be a matter of a few days.

A little bird told me about this. I was somewhat involved with nitrotracker betatesting and stuff back in the day, so should be fun to pick this up again.

Puerto Rico

Glad to have you guys on board!

wink

Edit: Guess what? Nitrotracker runs on the freeware version of no$gba (2.6). You can't save or load any files, but out-of-the-box you can use your system mic as the DS mic. Note that I didn't dldi patch nitrotracker.nds, since my flashcart does it automatically. You might get it to work after patching. So even if you don't have a DS handy, you might be able to participate if you can figure that out.

Last edited by Xuriik (May 28, 2014 8:46 pm)