Milan, Italy

i think that prosound on NDS is really not needed.

São Paulo, Brazil

What about prosound on a regular GBA? Has anyone made one yet?

Philly, PA, USA

Hi, do you know how to make a pro sound on an iphone

pixls wrote:

Hi, do you know how to make a pro sound on an iphone

yea sure, download the pro sound app

Wilmington,NC

So more volume to cover the hum/hiss better?
I wonder if this would help in a live setting. We used NDS and DMG for songs, but the DMG is very noisy.
Maybe we should attempt this.

brooklyn, NY

How about this:

If you want a line-level (prosound)  signal from an iphone/ipod, use a 30-pin dock or cable with audio out.
or make your own :
http://www.chargeconverter.com/shop/connector.htm

i think L and R are  on pins 2 and 3.

Last edited by Charbot (Nov 25, 2010 3:26 pm)

Philly, PA, USA

i was kidding....

Milan, Italy
soultron wrote:

So more volume to cover the hum/hiss better?
I wonder if this would help in a live setting. We used NDS and DMG for songs, but the DMG is very noisy.
Maybe we should attempt this.

The sound is really different, but I cannot say if it is better or worse. You should judge by yourself.

btw i have done a much better pro sound for the SP but it can only be done on the more modern AGS101 boards because of the revision of the amplifier, it can also be done without SMD components, there is enough room for normal sized components. i have made a few for other people and they seem very pleased with them, but in the end its down to personal taste

Milwaukee, WI

I might be interested in this.  My brother has wanted me to prosound his SP for a while.  If you made a revised tut I'd be willing to give it a shot.  I'm not interested in keeping the speaker either...

Theta_Frost wrote:

I might be interested in this.  My brother has wanted me to prosound his SP for a while.  If you made a revised tut I'd be willing to give it a shot.  I'm not interested in keeping the speaker either...

i have very little drive to write up a guide at the moment because of all the other things going on at this time of year, BUT if you feel like sending an SP my way i will do the mod for a little bit of money

Los Angeles
arottenbit wrote:

GBA SP Stock:

GBA SP Prosound:

I know this is old but I guess I missed this thread...

The prosound shape is different because the lack of a CAP. Also though the stock sp the cap looks to be a little extreme- so maybe just changing out the cap with a different (higher?) value would give close to the same results.

Wilmington,NC
NeX wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

i have very little drive to write up a guide at the moment because of all the other things going on at this time of year, BUT if you feel like sending an SP my way i will do the mod for a little bit of money

Define "a little bit"...

San Francisco

woooowzers trash80 that is cool to see.

soultron wrote:
NeX wrote:

Define "a little bit"...

do you want to drop me a mail? ralph (dot) nex (at) gmail (dot) com

trash80 wrote:
arottenbit wrote:

GBA SP Stock:

GBA SP Prosound:

I know this is old but I guess I missed this thread...

The prosound shape is different because the lack of a CAP. Also though the stock sp the cap looks to be a little extreme- so maybe just changing out the cap with a different (higher?) value would give close to the same results.

I don't know how much you know about this stuff Trash80, but please don't take it as an insult if i go into detail, its more for the benifit of others. the SP has a single cap, and it is there to create an AC voltage. the SP doesn't create a negative voltage, so it creates a mid way point using a cap. the bigger the cap the better bass response in theory. the DMG has two caps, one on the left channel and one on the right, they are down on the small board on the headphone jack, again they are there to create a mid point so the voltage can go to a virtual minus. but this is not what you want for a line level recording, as you want the raw DC output. the caps on gameboys can be cheap and old and effect the sound. but in this case of the pro sound SP the cap is still in place on the other side.

but this is only for the SPs with the older amplifier, the more modern AGS101 boards give a very nice and clear sound when pro sounded, very close to what the DMG can do, except with the sp slightly distorting wave sounds which is a problem with the CPU itself.