West Yorks, UK

is it possible to get a multicart with SMMM, Cajones, DroNES on it? Given they dont have such stringent  sav requirements?
Id happily pay another $100 for thems. more so than another $100 for pulsar! big_smile

Boise, ID

got pulsar heart

SLC, UT

Not trying to be a bum here, but what exactly is the advantage of this versus one of InfiniteNESLives carts and flasher? You get the cart and a backup option for less than one of these. I'm not trying to knock DSC in any way, desoldering those chips, cleaning up the carts, flashing the chips, that all takes a lot of time.

West Yorks, UK

i didnt even know about it ^.

Last edited by Domu (Jun 3, 2014 7:03 pm)

stargazer wrote:

Not trying to be a bum here, but what exactly is the advantage of this versus one of InfiniteNESLives carts and flasher? You get the cart and a backup option for less than one of these.

These are great, but you have to make sure you get the right cart for the software.  You will want an SXROM if you plan on using Pulsar or PR8 and a different configuration for other software.  My carts make it easy.  If you want to learn and dig deeper than the InfiniteNESLives are a great first option.  I have several of his carts too.

SLC, UT

Also INL can take a while with shipping and communication isn't perfect. I think limitbreak had issues. Compared to midiNES it was nothing, compared to kitsch it was bad. I had no issues whatsoever. It may have just been that several of us ordered at the same time the same configuration so maybe he ran out of parts and had to restock. My experience was flawless.

Regardless, his programmer is a great option for anyone looking for a good backup solution.

Last edited by stargazer (Jun 3, 2014 7:44 pm)

Speaking of shipping, everybody that bought one, they have been shipped to you.  Expect them in a couple days.
Just a couple left and they are gone.  Went a lot faster than I expected.

Taichung, Taiwan
stargazer wrote:

what exactly is the advantage of this

You're purchase grants a donation for cancer research.

matt's mind
stargazer wrote:

I think limitbreak had issues.

pretty sure thats because the boards themselves (not the programmer) were not stocked until a little later, and were shipped when they arrived.  the website said this, at least when I placed my order (which I'm assuming was at the same time, because we all seemed to learn of the products from yogi's thread on them and a few of us freaked and ordered right away).

I had the same 'issue'.  Programmer arrived pretty immediately (within the week), cart PCB came about a month+ later.  but, it said all this on the site at the time, so wasn't really an issue or bad shipping policy or anything, just perhaps an oversight if people didn't read the full product description text.  which (from my experience with KB) seems to happen more often than you'd think.

Taichung, Taiwan

DSC, I got my cart in today and it looks great. Thanks man!

I wanted to ask, what made you decide to choose to make Pulsar and PR8 carts versus any other carts you could have made with Neil's other works?

Thank you katsumbhong.  I do make other carts upon request of other titles, so feel free to contact me through my site if you need something else.  PR8 and Pulsar are just about the most difficult cart you can recreate using original NES PCB's.  I also can make droNES carts too with proof of license purchase off of Neil's site. 

West Yorks, UK

any chance at all of multiple roms on a single cart? id not realised droNES was a paid software. but say cajoNES and SMMM? (being I imagine smaller than NTRQ or droNES)

Would be cool, but not sure if it can be done easily.  I know there is a menu driven cart out there, by Krizz?  I'm not sure about that, but I remember seeing one that had a menu system and allowed you to load several titles on one flash card.  Seriously though if you use carts as often as I do, I like having dedicated carts.  I must have 6 different PR8 carts running around here in my studio, so I can't imagine only using one or two to do what I want to do.   I understand saving money, and if you are just goofing around then that's ok, but when it comes to your own art (or potential art) can you really not have a couple of backups 'just in case'.  I have used carts to just do the visuals at shows and I always have a backup in case shit happens.  This old technology is guaranteed to break down on you at some point, having extra helps with the worry, at least for me.

Florida

Got my Pulsar cart in this morning. That shipped really fast!

Michigan

How are you doing on stock?

Boise, ID

Would you consider doing a glitchNES cart like this?