Taichung, Taiwan

How's it going folks.

Dusted off the PSP and tried turning it on. It seems like both my batteries are dead and are not charging. The AC adapter works, but I'm pretty sure my batteries are as good as paper weights.

I purchased my second battery on eBay awhile back as a spare. I know that there are a ton of duds out there when it comes to PSP batteries but needed something to swap out in case the first one shit the bed.

I've been looking at some batteries on amazon that look promising but wanted any psp user's to throw down knowledge about the psp battery scene.

SLC, UT

I too ordered one off ebay. I got both an extended (2400mah?) and a regular 1800mah that looked like it was a counterfeit sony. I haven't used either extensively but they both definitely work.

I'd really like to put a bigger battery in the back where I took my umd drive out. Plenty of room back there to do it!

Oh and I'm talking about a 1000 here as well.

Taichung, Taiwan
stargazer wrote:

I too ordered one off ebay. I got both an extended (2400mah?) and a regular 1800mah that looked like it was a counterfeit sony. I haven't used either extensively but they both definitely work.

I'd really like to put a bigger battery in the back where I took my umd drive out. Plenty of room back there to do it!

I would really like to get an extended life battery kit from Sony… but the ones that are selling are a lot more than I would like to pay...

SLC, UT
katsumbhong wrote:
stargazer wrote:

I would really like to get an extended life battery kit from Sony… but the ones that are selling are a lot more than I would like to pay...

Oh sorry, these were both aftermarket. But eh, they're good enough for like 5 bucks.

Taichung, Taiwan
stargazer wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Oh sorry, these were both aftermarket. But eh, they're good enough for like 5 bucks.

I'm down for aftermarket. I ordered a few Tomee Battery packs. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Alabama

All OEM extended life batteries have been having cell explosion issues in the past 2 years or so. Regular batteries seem to be holding out okay. I have a spare OEM slim battery if you need a slim one. Works fine smile

SLC, UT

I guess this is a good place to ask: PSP batteries have built in charging circuits don't they?

sweden

Exactly the same thing happened to me last week. I found my PSP 1000 that had been missing for a few years. Plugged it in to charge, waited 15 minutes and tried to start it, but no luck. All the leds were flashing like crazy. Took out the battery and ran it with only the charger, just to confirm that the PSP was still alive. I squeezed the battery and it made some crunchy sounds from inside (strange), so I was pretty sure it was a goner. But just to be sure I charged it anyway during the night and the next day to my surprise it was working again.

Taichung, Taiwan

Just wanted to give an update.

The two Tomee Mega Battery Pack psp battery w/ larger battery covers that I ordered from eBay came in today.

At 100% charge from the battery information screen it showed just under 7 hours of battery life!

Looks like I'm in the clear.