I would love to see what could become of a nice chip remix to my songs! A little bit about myself. I am 22 years old and have been into the 8-bit sound (Or 16, 32,e.t.c...)  for as long as i can remember. I have always had a passion for all types of music. I have tried my hand at chiptuning in the past, but never really focused my energy on it. That is in the past. I am coming back into the game full swing and i look at all of you as brothers and sisters. We are the 8-bit Militia!
That being said, I would love for each and every one of you to remix my songs if it's your will :]
I would love to see what could come of it. Perhaps even a collaboration CD.
Any ways, Much LOVE to this AMAZING scene.

Keep on Chipping,
Smendy :3

Jimi the Third
Simplicity
https://myspace.com/jimithethird/music/songs

South Korea

I would LOVE to try my hand at this, but for the love of all things unholy, WHY is this on myspace.com? I think you have a pretty damn good voice, and having just vocals + guitar allows for a lot of extra shit to be added on top, which is dope for remixing. I'm down to do this, and I'm sure others will be too, but how to download the tracks to get remixing. Also, if you are serious about about having a remix album made, let people choose songs exclusively and set up a little roll-call on this thread, and please don't release the remix album on myspace.com.

That would be awesome DeerPresident. I would love to see what you could do with them! I'm digging your avatar by the way.
Thank you so much. It's an old release and I haven't really done a damn thing with it since i got it recorded. That's really the only reason it's on myspace lol. I'm pretty sure there are websites that make songs on myspace downloadable just by typing in the direct link.
I'm not sure where it would be released but I would love to see a full scale remix release of this in the future. I'm sure we can find a better place to release it than myspace tongue

http://www.grabthatfile.com/?lang=en

^ this is the link to download any song from my website. Sorry it's made more difficult than it has to be.
Let ms know which song you pull, and I'll post it on the front message. Thank you!

IL, US

if you want people to remix, its usually best to provide stems/loops instead of having them work from a finished track (especially an mp3), since that severely limits their options.. oh and if you do stems/loops, include BPM info (and time signature, if not 4/4)

Oh, alright e.s.c. That will take awhile because I haven't really messed with chopping or even really have a good program to work from any more, but I will certainly try my best to make it easier on people.

IL, US

its not just about making it easier for them, you'll also get better tracks back smile

Where would be a good place to start?

IL, US

depends on how you made the tracks.. you have guitar and vocals recorded separately, presumably? even the chip stuff as one wav file, vocals as another and guitar as a third with the bpm settings in a txt file all zipped together will help anyone remixing it considerably so they can work with them individually

I actually went and had them semi professionally recorded and that person has the master recordings. I'll have to get a hold of him and see if I can get all of that. I can see how it would help

IL, US

good call, they should have everything still, i'd imagine

The trick is actually getting back into contact haha. It's been 5 years

New Zealand

lools

8BIT KIDD wrote:

lools

Glad you got a kick out of it.

Bumpz?

Outer Space

Well...? Did you hear back from the guy?