logan city, UT, USA

lol ya, anytime you guys wanna quit bullcrapping me, feel free to do so XD Kitsch, what was, 'i love you so hard' about?

so i have plan A: soniktech MIDI cartridge and plan B: MIDI guitar pedal+MIDI installation, anything else? : D

(any other non-sarcastic, or non-critical solutions are most welcome ; ) )

Taichung, Taiwan

Are we feeding a troll?

this should help!!!!!!
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12339 … uitar-mod/

Baja California
katsumbhong wrote:

Are we feeding a troll?

I think so

Rhode Island

I think what you really need to do is create a 1/4" cable that on the end has an NES controller port. If you look at the NES controller port it has 7 plugs. This backs up your statement that anamanaguchi dont use 8 stringed guitars as the NES could only accept 7 strings through the controller port (hardware limitations of the era). Simply take a 1/4" cable and cut off one end of it and strip back rubber. Next do the same with the NES controller. Grab your multimeter and test which wire connects to which port as this is important. Solder them together and youre done. Sounds like you have a 1/4" in on your NES already, those are the harder models to find now a days. Basically that audio in will bitcrush your guitar and play it back through the DPCM channel! You could even hook up a mic to it for some retro sounding vocals. Best of luck!

logan city, UT, USA

haha sweet thanks 2player!! and im not a troll : ( if you're bugging me about my avatar, then deal with it, it stays ; ) and also, thanks defpremium, C64 basslady is EPIC! i want my guitar to sound something like that : D. And the guitar plugged into a gameboy dmg sounds great
: D

UK, Leicester

I have a feeling kitsch knows something that the rest of us don't, but nevertheless OP, what you are trying to do isn't achievable through just soldering in a jack into the NES, there is no physical way for the NES to just straight up accept audio from a jack, and make it 8bit or whatever you think is going to happen.

You can, as mentioned several times before in the thread, get a special midi cartridge, and a midi guitar.

I can't tell if this is a flashbacks, or déjà vu, but I swear to god something exactly like this happened a while back.

logan city, UT, USA

ok. . .you had a gameboy plugged into a bass, alpine, what about that? : / also, i'm not like, ''oh i'll just plug my guitar into my NES and play 8bit'', i know what i'm doing, i just need some tips, or some sort of tutorial to help me.

IL, US

alpine is correct.. there is no audio in on an NES, specs are here http://nesdev.com/2A03%20technical%20reference.txt
and his picture and many of those in that thread (and this one) were people joking around, not actually real
and no, you don't know what youre doing if you believe there is a way to turn the NES into a bit crushing stomp box (which are something you can actually buy, this one for example http://music.bqturner.com/ProductDetail_i789476 )
people tend to fuck with you on the internet when you don't listen to their advice to begin with

Oh lord that Bitcrusher post was hilarious, I love it, 10/10.
But seriously, use MIDI.

Michigan

logan city, UT, USA

*facepalm* ya, sorry if i'm not listening to your advice guys XD it's just that i want to explain in detail what i have, what i want, and what i might need. And the 'no audio in' thing is simply a misunderstanding, i KNOW that there IS NO AUDIO IN, i was wondering HOW to MAKE AN AUDIO IN, and like i kept saying, anamanaguchi did it, they made all 5 channels available to them, and the development carts were for backing tracks.
but ya, i'll probably go MIDI, i'm one of those people that like things the easy way most of the time : ) that 'soniktech' thingy that dsv101 mentioned is what i'll end up with : J. Thanks guys for all the suggestions! i started this thread out of desperation, thinking in my mind, 'there just has to be a way to play chiptunes on my guitar! there just has to!!' : )

P.S. btw, nice meme jazzmarazz XD

Last edited by The8BitMachine (Jul 3, 2014 4:40 am)

logan city, UT, USA

and well, i asked for experts, and i most certainly got them ; )

Abandoned on Fire
The8BitMachine wrote:

anamanaguchi did it, they made all 5 channels available to them, and the development carts were for backing tracks.

... is this Ary? I think you're Ary in disguise.  wink

But if not, no matter how many times you say "anamanaguchi did it" it's still not true.  You don't understand how NES music works.

UK, Leicester
The8BitMachine wrote:

*facepalm* ya, sorry if i'm not listening to your advice guys XD it's just that i want to explain in detail what i have, what i want, and what i might need. And the 'no audio in' thing is simply a misunderstanding, i KNOW that there IS NO AUDIO IN, i was wondering HOW to MAKE AN AUDIO IN, and like i kept saying, anamanaguchi did it, they made all 5 channels available to them, and the development carts were for backing tracks.
but ya, i'll probably go MIDI, i'm one of those people that like things the easy way most of the time : ) that 'soniktech' thingy that dsv101 mentioned is what i'll end up with : J. Thanks guys for all the suggestions! i started this thread out of desperation, thinking in my mind, 'there just has to be a way to play chiptunes on my guitar! there just has to!!' : )

P.S. btw, nice meme jazzmarazz XD

I'm not sure how many times I've said this, and other people in the thread have said this, but I'm going to put this in little words and little sentences so you can understand.

You CAN NOT make audio in on the NES

That is NOT what anamanaguchi do

They DO NOT use the NES as a stompbox

Anamanaguchi make music in a program and put it on a cartridge, they DO NOT plug their guitars into the NES at any point

The guitars are a separate entity

The 5 tracks are used by the PRE-PROGRAMMED SONG, NOT A GUITAR

I hope this helps smile:):):):):):)

logan city, UT, USA

uggggh fine alpine, you can have your OP XD you brits are sure are stubborn, but then again, great britain has a few chiptune artists over there, so i don't blame you for your opinion(it's a well educated one because of all the chiptune artists).
And haha no i'm not ary in disguise, i actually made an attempt to email them, but my emai probably ended up in the junk
folder XD i wish i could talk to them about it! that would be awesome : ) but anyhoo, thanks guys!! i think my work is done here! i finally have my solution!

Last edited by The8BitMachine (Jul 3, 2014 3:54 pm)