Oklahoma City, OK

Yeah, this video is just...
Well, it made me feel old as hell, that's for sure!

Last edited by DBOYD (Jul 8, 2014 12:00 am)

South Korea

Seriously guys, if we were given the Vectrex or Pong in 1990, and had OUR reactions recorded, we would probably also seem like a group of privileged little assholes, because those consoles are BORING compared to what we had. Just saying.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:53 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

Kids React (to Hatsune Miku, in that case) is how I discovered... 

Put best, when kids reach their own conclusions on something they feel is "theirs" it is not easy to change their minds.

Michigan
chunter wrote:

Put best, when kids reach their own conclusions on something they feel is "theirs" it is not easy to change their minds.

IIRC, that whole episode was mostly about live performances of Hatsune Miku rather than the music or even the program featuring the vocal samples. The narrow-mindedness of these shows lead kids to have the most absurd reactions. Its all about shock value as opposed to educating kids about different cultures or ideas.

Jazzmarazz wrote:
chunter wrote:

IIRC, that whole episode was mostly about live performances of Hatsune Miku rather than the music or even the program featuring the vocal samples. The narrow-mindedness of these shows lead kids to have the most absurd reactions. Its all about shock value as opposed to educating kids about different cultures or ideas.

It is a good opportunity to teach diversity and understanding... But you're correct about it's shock value.

The Rubber Man

Actually I think their answers are surprisingly intelligent and actually mostly nice towards the old hardware. smile

Crashmast wrote:

Vectrex will always be and has always been the shit.
Speaking of which. is there a Vectrex music scene?

Doesn't seem like there is, but it _would_ be possible indeed:
http://chipmusic.org/yerzmyey/music/cou … pzels-song

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Jul 8, 2014 2:51 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
Jazzmarazz wrote:

That's correct, in the long run we're really just supposed to think the kids are funny. My understanding is that most of them have acting backgrounds and have been in commercials and such, so many of them are overreacting and might even be using a script.

It's just a coincidence but this came up a little bit later https://twitter.com/momoko_f/status/486357290694356992

To me, this is simultaneously comforting and sad, look up one of those "your family and chiptune" threads to understand why.

New Albany Indiana

Kids react to chip tune

"Why do all those old hairy guys find this music good?"

Unsubscribe

kids react TO GETTING SMACK UPSIDE THEIR DAMN HEADS

Holland
DeerPresident wrote:

Seriously guys, if we were given the Vectrex or Pong in 1990, and had OUR reactions recorded, we would probably also seem like a group of privileged little assholes, because those consoles are BORING compared to what we had. Just saying.

Thy shall never speak ill of the almighty vectrex.

But on a more serious note, I have one of those suckers and it still amazes people of all ages how sharp the graphics are. To quote "Why do we still use pixels when this exists?" or this "It's better than HD". So the vectrex is still quite amazing to people, due to the vector graphics.

California

I saw this. I couldn't even believe some of the things these kids were saying about 'APPS' and stuff on a GB. It's like they're not even human

New York City

these kids are intelligent . but i hate them

herr_prof wrote:

I'd like to see these kids reacting to getting smacked upside their damn heads.

LOL

cm.o reacts to kids reacting to gameboy