The Rubber Man

Hehe, thx Akira, it was cool too.

Well, I had a similar impression before, with the Gameboy + Tetris but now, with this Apple, it's even more striking - it's really pointless contemporary to show to such young children such old computer or b&w Tetris.
Actually I think they're shit too, and I'm 40 now.
Those children thought that the Apple comp was popular 30 years ago which is pointless of course because back then such Apple was shit. In 1984 - we had ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Atari XL/XE and so on. With really cool games.

I often show ZX Spectrum (1982) or Amiga/Atari ST (those two: from 1985, so _almost_ 30 years ago) to children in exactly the same age like those here.

Lemme tell ya - they LOVE those machines. They play games FOR HOURS and we, old farts, cannot even drink beer in peace because they come every 10 minutes and want a new game to load for them.
I tested it maaaaaaaaaany times.

So those tv programs are funny but actually strongly pointless.

PS: And the same goes for Gameboy b&w and some GOOD games: children play them manically, when I turn the machine on. 
Not any Tetris.

NC in the US of America

I thought it was cute.

The Rubber Man

...and that's what I meant, despite of everything above. wink

"I've seen this is an iPhone case!"

That was painful to hear.

The Pacific Ocean

It's funny because I'm only 14, I could have been on there and pulled out a backlight and modded it right then and there and been like, welcome to the future.  All the little kids need to buy a gameboy and get their phones taken away.

UK, Leicester
Payday wrote:

It's funny because I'm only 14, I could have been on there and pulled out a backlight and modded it right then and there and been like, welcome to the future.  All the little kids need to buy a gameboy and get their phones taken away.

I think it's better if kids can appreciate where the tech they used came from, how it's changed over the years

I think the world is coming to an end and this is just more proof that not only is it on the way, but it's already HERE!
(insert spooky, dramatic music right in here)

The Rubber Man
Koji-Kendo wrote:

(insert spooky, dramatic music right in here)

Hahahhaha. smile smile

PS: Why not, dude; insertin' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCzhq_wVlk

Douglas, Wyoming
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Some of the kids seemed pretty into it.
That Asian kid was STOKED!

He's always my favorite one

Adelaide, Australia

I have young kids and they love playing tetris on the original gameboy, but I think they've learnt some of my appreciation for old hardware. smile

Someone was asking about a vectrex scene?

little-scale has made some nice music for it and even created a MIDI interface.
Check it out!

Newcastle - UK
freezedream wrote:

I have young kids and they love playing tetris on the original gameboy, but I think they've learnt some of my appreciation for old hardware. smile

This is why I have kept aside a DMG in all its original glory, so I can give it to my son when he's old enough to appreciate it. That and to make sure that there are some unadulterated DMG's left in the world smile

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:45 am)

IL

I saw this. I would be upset about some of the things they said but it's just the Gameboy. Now, if they said these things about the Game Gear....