I got a DMG with prosound and backlight. When I play +/- 10 min it feels hot on the bottom left side of the DMG. Is this something to worry about? Does this happen due to the backlight?

Thank you

Taichung, Taiwan

No, PS PCB.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Well more specifically, it may be the power supply overheating because of the additional draw due to the backlight, and/or the aging electrolytic capacitors.

I've experienced this with a certain backlight that was too bright.  It can be fixed by adding a resistor,  about 33 ohm is what I used.

...Not to say that it couldn't be other things... Search this forum for "overheating" and you will find some relevant threads.

Thank you. I will add a resistor

Medina, Ohio

I believe this may do the trick if the resistor doesn't work. Someone correct me If I'm wrong, because I've never had that problem before but I'm pretty sure this to be a solution.

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/capacitor-kits

Cleveland, OH

If new capacitors don't fix it then you will need to replace the entire regulator board. They're old and worn out.

Baton Rouge, LA

Don’t mean to hijack this thread but I also have a regulator heat issue. My question is do I add the resistor to positive wire of the backlight? What value resistor? Does it matter if the backlight has a built in resistor?