Ayr-scotland

Hello chipmusic.org (:
I've been making chiptune music for like 3 years now maybe and for the past few months I feel i haven't progressed at all...
I have not been happy with like the past 6 tunes i made
I started getting a lot less feedback and listens on my tracks too and I knew this was because that my tunes had become try emotionless pieces of ass
So the past week or two i have been sitting my self down on fl studio and really trying to create something magical and chill (:

https://soundcloud.com/chasingbleeps/consiouse-thought

This is one of the tunes i did, I'm very much in love with this track (probably just after upload glow though haha)
But yes, I would really appreciate some feedback on this track. (:

Clermont-Ferrand, France

I like this new tune of yours. I can hear that you enjoyed composing it.

Personnally, I have non-creative periods which can last several months. When I feel like stagnating and when I'm not excited by the few things I compose, I throw it all away rather than release a tune I'm not happy with.
And I try to wait for the moment when melodies naturally come up to mind, and then I enjoy composition again.

I think stagnation and questioning oneself's abilities is part of a music composer's life, and is someway useful.

Florida

Writers block happens to the best of us. Whenever I cant make anything I'm happy with I either write a cover or just go crazy with samples. Writing covers are fun because you don't have to worry so much about song composition and can really focus on instrumentation.

Florida
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

questioning oneself's abilities

Oh. That feel. That goddamn feel.

Whateverville, California

Yeah man, that second-guessing everything feel. It's hard not to do the old "Yeah this is pretty good but it will never be as good as ______." sometimes. If a song isn't clicking for me, I just write something different until I can go back and work on my previous material. I end up working on a few songs at once. Seems to work out pretty well.