PULSELOOPER wrote:

Are you able to put the portion loop in song mode and let it loop while you leave song mode and modulate the channels' parameters? I remember I suggested this to you (loop portion in live mode) a while ago. Could use it on song mode, if I could leave the screen and let it continue the looping.
Thanks!

That's not possible at this time. I'll have a look at it again.

When the song plays, patterns are loaded from flash memory and any changes would get lost. So you could only work on those channels that do not change over the selection. For example, when the portion to loop looks like this:

You could only edit the noise channel (lower row). This may still be useful but also a little confusing.

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

When the song plays, patterns are loaded from flash memory and any changes would get lost. So you could only work on those channels that do not change over the selection. .

Got you. If you can put loop section on Live Mode on the next update, I''ll have the perfect nano cart. Song mode is and always was useless for me. Thanks man!

São Paulo, Brazil
Sesska wrote:

nanoloop just seems... weird and obscur...

As always, it depends on what you want. During the years my music tended to be more abstract, so I slowly turned more into Nanoloop. But of course, if you want to do more melodic stuff, LSDJ is your thing.

Nanoloop is indeed not so well suited for longer melodies. It's a stepsequencer, more like a drum machine. Or a 303. Or a Korg Volca. Like these, it has functions to quickly permute, copy, shift patterns or change their tempo. And now it has step pause, which is of course useless when you're trying to transpose a Bach piece but really handy for the more minimal stuff.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

... so I slowly turned more into Nanoloop.

Be careful not to go too far with that...

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

Be careful not to go too far with that...

well you know I already lost all of my nano 2.x backup (as I hassled you enough via email) and recreated all of them from scratch. Gone to far on that, and now's it's too late to get back smile

IL, US

in two weeks, all that will be left of pulselooper will be a 4x4 grid of squares

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jul 17, 2014 4:51 pm)

Toronto, Canada

Awesome!!  Super stoked on this update!  Any chance of a demo rom for the beta, just so I can mess with it at work?  Will update my cart when the proper finished version drops in a week or 2, but it would be nice to have a go with it in the interim.

Any chance of the song mode looping in 2.7?  Would be huge for me.

IL, US
oliver wrote:
Sesska wrote:

or you can't load it on a USB card at all ?

Currently, nanoloop 1.7 only runs on the nanoloop one cart (www.nanoloop.com/one). I may add a demo version that can be loaded on a generic flash / usb cart in the future. This requires some extra work because the nanoloop cart has a different memory bank model.

he already answered that

jonny5 wrote:

it would be nice to have a go with it in the interim.

That's exactly what the beta is for.

jonny5 wrote:

Any chance of a demo rom for the beta, just so I can mess with it at work?  Will update my cart when the proper finished version drops in a week or 2

There will be a demo, but why not load the beta on your cart right now? Your loops will remain untouched, just use a separate bank for new patterns. You can always wipe the update and return to 1.6.3 with a simple button press.

If by at work you mean an emulator: Emulators don't play the short envelopes properly.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

... so I slowly turned more into Nanoloop.

e.s.c. wrote:

in two weeks, all that will be left of pulselooper will be a 4x4 grid of squares

That's what I was trying to say. One day you'll wake up and feel very weird and obscur because you are nanoloop.

Toronto, Canada
oliver wrote:
jonny5 wrote:

it would be nice to have a go with it in the interim.

That's exactly what the beta is for.

jonny5 wrote:

Any chance of a demo rom for the beta, just so I can mess with it at work?  Will update my cart when the proper finished version drops in a week or 2

There will be a demo, but why not load the beta on your cart right now? Your loops will remain untouched, just use a separate bank for new patterns. You can always wipe the update and return to 1.6.3 with a simple button press.

If by at work you mean an emulator: Emulators don't play the short envelopes properly.

Ya, I do a lot of nanolooping at work via emulators.  I've found using the 2.7 demo with no$GBA perfect, as I can come up with ideas and mess with things, save a snap shot and email it to myself so I can copy it into my cart when I get home and mess further.

I will likely just load the beta on my cart as you say.  I really haven't been using 1.6 nearly as much since you dropped 2.7.

Big thanks for the continued development on both versions.

France (au milieu)

This requires some extra work because the nanoloop cart has a different memory bank model.

ok, understand then...

But of course, if you want to do more melodic stuff, LSDJ is your thing.

Nanoloop is indeed not so well suited for longer melodies

héhé, that's the point... I actually only use the GB for beat, bass and a slight bit of funny blips among other instruments... I even have sometimes a free pulse2 channel that I don't know how to fill up (*shame*)

on one side, I feel confortable with the LSDJ layout and ''philosophy'', on the other side I got kind of a faraway feeling that NL would suit better to my actual use of blips...

i'll try to get back on the demo version and user manual, instead of going into metaphysic...

If I got it right 1.3version is the way to go for fat beats and basses (trip-hop, d&b, abstract hip-hop, a bit of Dubbish things too) ?

Sesska wrote:

I even have sometimes a free pulse2 channel that I don't know how to fill up (*shame*)

Whenever little kids play with nanoloop, the first thing they do is to fill up all the squares and scream "I'm done!". The more mannered also clean up all the patterns afterwards.

Sesska wrote:

If I got it right 1.3version is the way to go for fat beats and basses (trip-hop, d&b, abstract hip-hop, a bit of Dubbish things too) ?

Sound-wise, 1.7 can do everything 1.3 does (e.g. hardsync and fast pitch modulation / envelopes for basses & beats), it's based on 1.3 code and the results should be identical.
Plus you get the short envelopes, which are exclusive to 1.7 and perfect for the "slight bit of funny blips".

Step pause and variable pattern length are useful for those genres, too.

1.7 is the way to go.

France (au milieu)

1.7 is the way to go.

you do defend your stuff very, very well wink

honestly, for the use I have, playing with 2 gameboys would be... silly...I'm just sometimes dreaming about a magic cardridge with LSDJ on face A and NL  on face B...

Last edited by Sesska (Jul 18, 2014 12:36 pm)

IL, US

buy both, sample into piggy tracker for live gigs, problem solved?

IL, US

or go with my old method, and just buy as many copies of as many versions of nanoloop as you can find, then sync them all together and use 6 DMGs at once