Hello! Just wanted to get some personal opinions on this particular internal pro-sound mod as there is not much info or discussion concerning it online outside the great tutorial by "Capcomposer".

I have done a few Game Boy Colors. I like the ease of the mod, clarity of the sound and the absence of the underlying "humming" sound (hard to go back to that now, haha), but not digging the lowered volume through a headset so much.

So far my personal CGB, which was brought back from the dead off of ebay ($9) features a 101 kitsch-bent front-light, glass screen lens, dandelion front shell, lime green back shell, internal pro-sound mod and an NDS/GBA-SP speaker (kept the original buttons 'cause I like the rounded corners of them better).

I can live with the lowered volume I suppose, but what do you guys think about the internal pro-sound mod.....?

Last edited by Koji-Kendo (Jul 18, 2014 4:16 am)

I'd add a 1/8" jack for the prosound mod and keep the headphone output for headphones. Since you've used the lower profile GBA-SP speaker, you can fit the jack behind that.

As you ask about our own thougths, here's mine: I like CGB internal prosound, in fact is my favourite, I never use headphones and I am used to low signal levels, but anway I wont call that one a low signal in case you compare it to other signals, such as the ones of a electric guitar or a Amstrad computer, other thing I like is that the signal keeps between certain boundaries, that allow you to record easily, you can almost adjust the volumen to get a nice signal withouth need to use a limiter

Last edited by r0lemusic (Jul 18, 2014 7:58 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

look up the bass mod. it sounds professional

Taichung, Taiwan

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/14184 … oto-guide/